Kerry: America is acting like a poor country (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:28:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kerry: America is acting like a poor country (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry: America is acting like a poor country  (Read 2259 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 03, 2014, 02:58:52 AM »

I don't necessarily see this as him complaining about Americans lack of enthusiasm about foreign affairs, as much as him saying the truth that America is realizing that wars cost money it doesn't have.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 03:15:31 AM »

I don't necessarily see this as him complaining about Americans lack of enthusiasm about foreign affairs, as much as him saying the truth that America is realizing that wars cost money it doesn't have.
Considering that he called limited congressional enthusiasm for a war in Syria "new isolationism," I'd say that he's not just pointing out a lack of enthusiasm for war, he's clearly criticizing that lack of enthusiasm.

True. But the House of Representatives comment is throwing me off. The right has hardly been embracing Hagel's planned reduction in force (Something that doesn't seem to be coming from pressure from outside-the-executive forces), and I'm unaware of the House GOP changing their position of "Cut everything EXCEPT the military" that they've had for decades.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies