GOP Primary: Reaganfan-HillGoose-OldSchoolRepublican-ExtremeConservative
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:05:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  GOP Primary: Reaganfan-HillGoose-OldSchoolRepublican-ExtremeConservative
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Reaganfan

HillGoose

OldSchoolRepublican

ExtremeConservative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: GOP Primary: Reaganfan-HillGoose-OldSchoolRepublican-ExtremeConservative  (Read 882 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2018, 05:34:48 PM »

Four very different wings of the GOP represented here
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 06:27:50 PM »

my take on it:

Reaganfan - Red
OldSchoolRepublican - Blue
HillGoose - Green
ExtremeConservative -  Yellow

I think OldSchoolRepublican wins pretty handily. Reaganfan appeals to a lot of the midwest, you win states with a lot of evangelicals and social conservatives, I win more libertarian and affluent states, as well as military areas, but I think OldSchoolRepublican would just have the sort of overall appeal and dominance to crush all of us in the overall delegate count lmao

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 06:36:40 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2018, 01:26:25 AM by Old School Republican »

Depends on the Year:

2000 and 2012: I would win
2004 and 2008: HillGoose
2016: Tossup
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 07:40:11 AM »

The reason I can't see anyone but OSR winning:

We all clearly have our own corners. ExtremeConservative with southerners and evangelicals, Reaganfan with midwesterners and the alt-right, myself with neoconservatives and probably many country club Republicans, but OSR would have a sort of mainstream conservative appeal that the rest of us would lack.

I think you (ExtremeConservative) and Reaganfan would have an issue where if only one of you was in the race, you could win the nomination outright, but given your wings, I imagine you'd be targeting similar demographic groups and just splitting each other's vote, leading to a situation where you win your southern base and he wins his midwestern base, but everywhere else you just split the same groups to the point you end up behind OSR and in a lot of cases me as well. I feel like I would do better in the popular vote than the delegate count due to coming in second to OSR in states that allocate winner-take-all or closer to it, while you and Reaganfan win more delegates through regional strength.

What I imagine the delegate count would be (roughly) :

OSR - 1550 delegates
Reaganfan - 370 delegates
ExtremeConservative - 300 delegates
HillGoose - 200 delegates

And the nationwide popular vote:

OSR - 38%
Reaganfan - 24%
HillGoose - 21%
ExtremeConservative - 17%
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 07:54:19 AM »

Hillgoose
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 07:59:45 AM »

OSR wins. Reaganfan doesn't have the charisma of Trump and tends to make shockingly controversial statements, sometimes bordering on antisemitic that even Trump wouldn't make. ER would appeal to only a very narrow sector because he'd make abortion an extremely central theme and most Republicans, I believe, wouldn't support that sort of extreme anti-choice and homophobic rhetoric. They could support a staunch pro-lifer, sure, but this would be just too much. And Hillgoose is waaay too hawkish for even the GOP. So OSR by default, being a fairly mainstream conservative. Though, he'd have to praise Trump and move to the right- if he sounds too liberal or too anti-Trump, Reaganfan might just win.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 08:20:43 AM »

Reaganfan, HillGoose and ExtremeConservative all would say something very controversial which will piss off most GOP voters (except for their own little base) so OSR wins by default in a brokered convention. I don't know about his position on abortion though, it could hurt OSR (is he pro-life or pro-choice?).

Then again, we shouldn't underestimate Reaganfan since he's like a partisan chameleon which just changes with the GOP. Nominate Charlie Baker in 2024 and Reaganfan will be his biggest cheerleader lol. And I'm not even sure whether the GOP electorate would be bothered if he says something very controversial (like even more controversial than what Trump said).
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 08:27:22 AM »

Reaganfan is the only of the 4 who is not far to the left of the median Republican voter.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 11:07:32 AM »

I hate to say it, but I would support Reaganfan.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 11:25:11 AM »

Reaganfan, HillGoose and ExtremeConservative all would say something very controversial which will piss off most GOP voters (except for their own little base) so OSR wins by default in a brokered convention.

Very true. All three of us would constantly be making statements that make us look insane to all except our own bases.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 06:25:15 PM »

I think OSR would be the favorite if he had a Romney/Trump-style "conversion" on abortion.  If not, regardless of the other options, I don't think the GOP would nominate an open pro-choicer.  I don't know which of the others would win though.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 06:38:27 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2018, 06:43:22 PM by Old School Republican »

I think OSR would be the favorite if he had a Romney/Trump-style "conversion" on abortion.  If not, regardless of the other options, I don't think the GOP would nominate an open pro-choicer.  I don't know which of the others would win though.

My position is 20 weeks which I believe is mainly opposed by pro choicers.

I think my position may be considered center right depending on how I answered that question 
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 06:39:34 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2018, 07:57:31 AM by Cath »

Write-in: TJ/DC/DavidB/NCYankee/IDK
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 12:18:44 AM »

Reaganfan, HillGoose and ExtremeConservative all would say something very controversial which will piss off most GOP voters (except for their own little base) so OSR wins by default in a brokered convention.

Very true. All three of us would constantly be making statements that make us look insane to all except our own bases.

True, but OSR's support of Obama care along with a few moderate-ish/sane policy posi to ons would make him anathema to most primary voters.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 12:22:16 AM »

Why is your boy grassroots NOT on this poll.

But I would vote for OldSchoolRepublican in a heartbeat.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 01:23:56 AM »

True, but OSR's support of Obama care along with a few moderate-ish/sane policy posi to ons would make him anathema to most primary voters.

The thing though that would give me a very good chance to win is my opponents here would be weak candidates as well and I likely would have the support of the Establishment and really would be the only establishment in the candidate in the race while the rest of the candidates would divide the anti-establishment vote.

In many ways it would be a repeat of the 2012 primaries, as just like in 2012 the more moderate Establishment candidate is able to win due to a divided and weak opposition.

Now on the other hand if the Neo Con candidate was Sunrise and the Social Conservative Candidate was RFayette I would probably have little to no chance of winning the nomination as those two are far stronger candidates than HillGoose and ExtremeConservative
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 02:23:28 AM »

I'd vote for OSR, but I'm not a Republican.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 10:53:03 AM »

HillGoose (not a Republican)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies