North Carolina G.O.P. Moves to Curb Power of New Democratic Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:38:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  North Carolina G.O.P. Moves to Curb Power of New Democratic Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina G.O.P. Moves to Curb Power of New Democratic Governor  (Read 5668 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: December 19, 2016, 04:17:07 AM »

That is a huge disgrace. Sheesh.

Okay, think of California's election system now. One of these elections, I could see a R v R or R v Weak Democrat run off. When/if a Republican wins a statewide office that way, are Democrats going to weaken the offices power?

I remember when Utah had a Democratic Attorney General, the legislature aggressively tired to strip power out of the office. Basically limiting to criminal cases. When Terry Goddard was Attorney General of Arizona, Brewer would not allow him to represent the state on SB 1070.

If someone of the minority party wins one of those row offices, just accept it and move on... thats just my opinion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies