FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:00:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 130
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 118163 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2100 on: October 07, 2022, 10:46:28 PM »

The possibility of additional documents illegally stored at Bedminster and Trump Tower is moving beyond the realm of internet speculation and into the realm of FBI investigation: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-maralago-raid-fbi-tower-bedminster-1234607008/

Every property owned by Donald Trump should be searched, with the whole place turned over and ransacked like properties owned by any other criminal suspect.
Yoda
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2101 on: October 07, 2022, 10:46:37 PM »

Offer trump the choice between signing a declaration that all documents have been returned or suffer the alternative of the FBI searching Bedminster and trump tower. The FBI needs to give him this simple ultimatum now. If Cannon so much as opens her mouth to delay such an action, she needs to be impeached. I don't give a f*** it she wouldn't be convicted. She needs to be forced to own up to her naked corruption under brutal questioning and her name deserves to be dragged through the mud. Absolutely destroy her (total lack of)character and showcase her as an example of the unqualified judges trump stacked the courts with.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2102 on: October 08, 2022, 07:40:48 AM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2103 on: October 08, 2022, 07:55:33 AM »

The art of the deal!  Love
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2104 on: October 08, 2022, 11:17:01 AM »

If there's more documents, the FBI should either be raiding Trump's homes again, or have him arrested. They're basically saying at this point that it's fine that he still has stolen docs.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2105 on: October 08, 2022, 11:33:56 AM »

If there's more documents, the FBI should either be raiding Trump's homes again, or have him arrested. They're basically saying at this point that it's fine that he still has stolen docs.

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2106 on: October 09, 2022, 11:50:00 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2022, 11:53:36 AM by brucejoel99 »

NARA: *rents an abandoned bowling alley & adjacent abandoned restaurant to securely curate Poppy Bush's sh*t while his library was under construction*

Trump:

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2107 on: October 09, 2022, 07:33:27 PM »

I'm going to make a prediction: if the main narrative on the right becomes "the FBI planted evidence," Trump will inevitably put out a statement saying something to the effect of "Of course I had a bunch of secret nuclear docs! The FBI violated my rights by taking them from me!"

Lo and behold:

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2108 on: October 09, 2022, 07:52:27 PM »

The DOJ should pay for Trump to have a speaking appearance at least once a week in order to keep him confessing.

Oh, and in case anyone on the right wants to defend it: there are absolutely no possible circumstances under which classified materials would be "his". 
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2109 on: October 09, 2022, 07:55:51 PM »

Trump's lawyers must be having heart attacks.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #2110 on: October 09, 2022, 08:01:58 PM »

I'm going to make a prediction: if the main narrative on the right becomes "the FBI planted evidence," Trump will inevitably put out a statement saying something to the effect of "Of course I had a bunch of secret nuclear docs! The FBI violated my rights by taking them from me!"

Lo and behold:

I know that we have trials in this country as a matter of principle, and we should stick to that, but wow does it feel less and less necessary every day with this man.

Like, if bills of attainder were not explicitly outlawed in the Constitution, this would be a great time to pass one.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2111 on: October 09, 2022, 08:02:18 PM »

Trump's lawyers must be having heart attacks.

What even is their strategy? "Your honor, our client is too f@cking stupid to read, so clearly he couldn't have purposely stolen the nuclear"
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2112 on: October 09, 2022, 08:15:57 PM »

oh, to be the prosecution…

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2113 on: October 10, 2022, 01:14:58 AM »

This is a distraction and Haberman (who never holds Trump's feet to the fire) is helping to push it.

"People are saying that maybe Trump talked about doing this one horrible thing during his crimes spree, let's focus on the rumored hypothetical musing, and ignore that actual crime spree we.all watched him commit."
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2114 on: October 10, 2022, 02:11:03 AM »

Good midterm for his movement could mean the DOJ is defunded at the first opportunity and stays that way for two years. He's also hoping he can get at least one of his addicts on the jury, and I guess if all else fails he can demand DeSantis refuse to hand him over.

Georgia needs DeSantis to cooperate but not the Feds. They can just go arrest him.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2115 on: October 10, 2022, 02:21:56 AM »

This is a distraction and Haberman (who never holds Trump's feet to the fire) is helping to push it.

"People are saying that maybe Trump talked about doing this one horrible thing during his crimes spree, let's focus on the rumored hypothetical musing, and ignore that actual crime spree we.all watched him commit."

She's not saying to ignore it at all. It's a big deal if true.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2116 on: October 10, 2022, 12:58:10 PM »

Get thrown under a bus, throw 'em under a bus right back:

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2117 on: October 10, 2022, 03:05:49 PM »

Good midterm for his movement could mean the DOJ is defunded at the first opportunity and stays that way for two years. He's also hoping he can get at least one of his addicts on the jury, and I guess if all else fails he can demand DeSantis refuse to hand him over.

Georgia needs DeSantis to cooperate but not the Feds. They can just go arrest him.
Why would Georgia need the Governor of Florida to cooperate?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2118 on: October 10, 2022, 03:12:14 PM »

I assume he means for extradition, if it should come to that.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2119 on: October 10, 2022, 03:18:54 PM »

Couldn't the DA sue in federal court and get a federal court order?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2120 on: October 10, 2022, 03:45:05 PM »

Well it's not legal for him to block it anyway. I don't think he will/would.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2121 on: October 10, 2022, 03:47:45 PM »

Couldn't the DA sue in federal court and get a federal court order?

Yes (citing Puerto Rico v. Branstad, 483 U.S. 219 (1987)).
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2122 on: October 10, 2022, 08:16:08 PM »

She's not saying to ignore it at all. It's a big deal if true.

She is trying to get people to focus on a purely hypothetical allegedly contemplated crime (blackmailing the US government with nuclear secrets) instead of providing details of the very well done documented crime Trump did commit (stealing government documents, including National Defense Information).

Trump stays out of jail by constantly vomiting out a vast cloud of malign BS that serves as concealment and distraction from his very real crimes. Haberman and the NYT have been helping him for years by amplifying the BS and failing to provide clarity on the obvious wrongdoing. Just because someone is criticizing Trump does not mean that they're right, nor that they're defending rule of law.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2123 on: October 10, 2022, 10:12:38 PM »

She is trying to get people to focus on a purely hypothetical allegedly contemplated crime (blackmailing the US government with nuclear secrets) instead of providing details of the very well done documented crime Trump did commit (stealing government documents, including National Defense Information).

Trump stays out of jail by constantly vomiting out a vast cloud of malign BS that serves as concealment and distraction from his very real crimes. Haberman and the NYT have been helping him for years by amplifying the BS and failing to provide clarity on the obvious wrongdoing. Just because someone is criticizing Trump does not mean that they're right, nor that they're defending rule of law.

Dude everything I've heard from legal experts is that if true it makes it worse and DOJ should look into it.

She's not trying to deflect attention. She had an exclusive and she's reporting it. What reporter doesn't want you to focus on their reporting?

It brings more attention to it as far as I'm concerned, because it's another news cycle about it.

Once a source told her this, did you really want her to sit on it and say nothing? You've criticized her in the past for saving stuff for later.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2124 on: October 10, 2022, 11:22:54 PM »

Dude everything I've heard from legal experts is that if true it makes it worse and DOJ should look into it.

She's not trying to deflect attention. She had an exclusive and she's reporting it. What reporter doesn't want you to focus on their reporting?

It brings more attention to it as far as I'm concerned, because it's another news cycle about it.

Once a source told her this, did you really want her to sit on it and say nothing? You've criticized her in the past for saving stuff for later.

Reporting actual things he did, not excuses for his crimes that are fed to the NYT as a "scoop", thereby legitimizing the excuses.

Here's another example of this in action:

The thing Haberman never says? Trump is lying.

There's an old saying in politics, that we on this board and Maggie Haberman and her editors at the NYT are all very familiar with: "if you're explaining, you're losing". And her response to a self-serving lie by Trump is... to never clearly label it for the self-serving lie it is, and instead proffer an explanation that effectively defends Trump's claims as mere exaggeration. This is not a difficult story to grasp.

Trump needs help to keep his cloud of protective BS airborne, and Haberman eagerly gives it to him. They're chasing and promoting smoke and lies, while ignoring the basics of their job, which it to report the truth. And it's not that difficult. The media's obsession with novel spin, scoops, and eyeballs is part of what's destroying America.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies