Mississippi 2003 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:13:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mississippi 2003 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mississippi 2003  (Read 28823 times)
jravnsbo

« on: December 29, 2003, 02:35:42 PM »

consider is not voting.

I would answer considering too and I am behind Bush all the way.  

You always look at everyone and then decide.  

Next, Bush won't be running against a generic Democrat but a named one and Bush leads by 10 points or more almost everywhere when you add a name and sometimes 20 points depending.
jravnsbo

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 03:26:58 PM »

what do you mean wrong?

Bush leads in a number of states and polls when you say Dean vs Bush latest spread was around 20 points.  

Other recent polls have show the same , Bush leads by vearying margins all over the country.
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 03:37:14 PM »

ok NY, but traditionally Democrat and Bush can win in and is leading in a number of the states he needs to win.

Plus I think you will find many more where Bush is leading vs trailing to Dean.
jravnsbo

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 03:37:50 PM »

plus only a 5 point lead for a Dem in NY would be a troubling sign for Dems, not a positive one.
jravnsbo

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 04:34:27 PM »

apples and oranges you switched subjects on me.

Gephardt and Dean.

How is Gephardt doing?
jravnsbo

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 09:56:22 AM »

I do read polls, lots of them, especially state ones and with a liberal left candidate like Dean, he has a long way to go to get to 50%.

He is now out attacking his opponents calling them Republicans, not Republican light.  Then he has threatened that his followers may not support someone else if he is not the nominee and lastly he attacked the head of the DNC for not restraining Dean's opponents from attacking him, in a primary.  Dean will someday need these people he is attacking AND then reach ot tot he middle to win.  

But he hasn't done anything close to that yet.
jravnsbo

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 06:59:26 PM »

So anything come of the pledge about abortion? that does sound odd.

Um, since this is the MISSISSIPPI governor's board . . .
Anyhow, the MS governor's race was pretty bad.  Both sides had horrible attack ads.

The lt. gov's race was pretty bad too.  It was two women.  Amy Tuck (R) was a former Dem who changed midway through her first term as lt. gov.  She was endorsed by some anti-abortion.   Then her Dem challenger, Barbara Blackmon, said she was against abortion and demanded that Tuck sign an affadavit that she'd never had one!  It was odd.

Anyway, all races (gov, ltgov, atygen) had horrible but somewhat entertaining and annoying attack ads the whole time and never really ran on any issue than the R or the D.
jravnsbo

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 02:11:17 PM »

Gov Haley Barbor as of today!
jravnsbo

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2004, 11:22:56 AM »

Saw Barbour's inaugeral on C-span.  Very down home and easy going I liked it alot, his style I mean.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies