I smell blood is in the water... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:41:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I smell blood is in the water... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I smell blood is in the water...  (Read 1199 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 14, 2017, 03:14:57 PM »

We're in an era of unprecedented division. Obama's numbers flagged through most of his Presidency, but as long as you have your party behind you you can endure this stuff. The mistake a lot of Dems make is wishing that the GOP will just throw President Trump under the bus. Things would have to change substantially for that to happen.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 05:23:00 PM »

We're in an era of unprecedented division. Obama's numbers flagged through most of his Presidency, but as long as you have your party behind you you can endure this stuff. The mistake a lot of Dems make is wishing that the GOP will just throw President Trump under the bus. Things would have to change substantially for that to happen.

They've already thrown him under the bus many times during the campaign. They fully expected, and secretly probably wanted, him to lose. Now they just dont know what to do with him

They distanced themselves from him as much as was feasible. Key phrase is "as much as was feasible". The party formally dumping him was not a serious option after he got the necessary delegates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies