Department of Federal Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:05:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections  (Read 42279 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2011, 09:53:50 PM »

FIRST COUNT

Jbrase - 29 (Dallasfan, Jbrase, ZuWo, shua, Yelnoc, Ghost_white, wormyguy, realisticidealist, tmth, tb75, John Dibble, PiT, Giovanni, Torie, afleitch, Angus, officepark, Cathcon, Taft, homelycooking, Junkie, RowanBrandon, Duke, NCYankee, A-Bob, Elyski, Winfield, Keystone Phil, JCL)

TexasGurl - 22 (Gramps, Antonio, Jas, Thomas D, Polnut, benconstine, sbane, Hawkeye, fuzzy, TexasGurl, Snowstalker, Lewis Trondheim, Xahar, Badger, nclib, ilikeverin, Bacon King, Hashemite, Marokai, Hatman)

Meeker - 12 (Kalwejt, Snowguy, Ebowed, Jackson, Eraserhead, JulioMadrid, opebo, Oakvale, Sewer, Meeker, MaxQue, Foucaulf, DrScholl, jfern)

homelycooking - 4 (Cincinnatus, MOPolitico, Napoleon, big bad fab)

SECOND COUNT: homelycooking is eliminated. His four votes are transferred.

Jbrase - 33 (Dallasfan, Jbrase, ZuWo, shua, Yelnoc, Ghost_white, wormyguy, realisticidealist, tmth, tb75, John Dibble, PiT, Giovanni, Torie, afleitch, Napoleon, MOPolitico, Cincinnatus, big bad fab, Angus, officepark, Cathcon, Taft, homelycooking, Junkie, RowanBrandon, Duke, NCYankee, A-Bob, Elyski, Winfield, Keystone Phil, JCL)

TexasGurl - 22 (Gramps, Antonio, Jas, Thomas D, Polnut, benconstine, sbane, Hawkeye, fuzzy, TexasGurl, Snowstalker, Lewis Trondheim, Xahar, Badger, nclib, ilikeverin, Bacon King, MaxQue, Foucaulf, Hashemite, Marokai, Hatman)

Meeker - 12 (Kalwejt, Snowguy, Ebowed, Jackson, Eraserhead, JulioMadrid, opebo, Oakvale, Sewer, Meeker, DrScholl, jfern)

THIRD COUNT: Meeker is eliminated. His twelve votes are transferred.

Jbrase - 36 (Dallasfan, Jbrase, ZuWo, shua, Yelnoc, Ghost_white, wormyguy, realisticidealist, tmth, tb75, John Dibble, PiT, Giovanni, Torie, afleitch, Napoleon, MOPolitico, Cincinnatus, big bad fab, Oakvale, Ebowed, Kalwejt, Angus, officepark, Cathcon, Taft, homelycooking, Junkie, RowanBrandon, Duke, NCYankee, A-Bob, Elyski, Winfield, Keystone Phil, JCL)

TexasGurl - 27 (Gramps, Antonio, Jas, Thomas D, Polnut, benconstine, sbane, Hawkeye, fuzzy, TexasGurl, Snowstalker, Lewis Trondheim, JulioMadrid, opebo, Jackson, Snowguy, Xahar, Badger, nclib, ilikeverin, Bacon King, Sewer, MaxQue, Foucaulf, Hashemite, Marokai, Hatman)

Exhausted - 4 (Eraserhead, Meeker, DrScholl, jfern)

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2011, 02:31:08 PM »

Theodore James "Teddy" Tedofsky, SoFE, seen in background, behind wall, at a registration event in Atlasia's newest state.

Teddy, SoFE, appeared at an event today in Atlasia's newest state, comprising many islands of voters that had previously been partially disenfranchised. Teddy made a point that this was part of a campaign to increase turnout in all Atlasian elections. "The last time I held this post I ran this sort of campaign" Teddy said "We went out private letters to all citizens who had not voted before the polls closed in an attempt to ensure they were aware of the election."

"We plan to do the same this time" Teddy continued, adding "we also plan to send out letters to those who are perhaps not as active in political life prior to polls opening, in order to engage the public". Teddy announced that he would take his registration drive to other areas of the country where registration was low, and that until then, he would relax on the beaches of this new state, in order to 'get accustomed to the local culture and way of life'. Teddy is expected to return sometime in August.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2011, 07:51:32 AM »

We could use a voter drive in the south.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2011, 12:11:38 PM »

An election is forthcoming on the 18th. More soon!
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2011, 08:32:43 PM »

Election begins in a week plus hours.

Apologies for not being around. I've been having killer allergies. I'm supposed to take 2 anti-histimes but I need to take 4 or 5 just to make the endless sneezing stop - and that puts me to sleep - and upon waking up I begin a new fit of sneezing.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: August 16, 2011, 05:49:15 PM »

Elections are just around the corner, and begin Thursday night.

Wednesday night a sample ballot will be prepared that will show all the candidates who have registered in time
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: August 18, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »

sample ballot under construction

ahduke99 (RPP)
endorsements: (RPP) (CID)

benconstine (CID)
endorsements: (CID)

homelycooking (CID)
endorsements: (CID)

jbrase (CID)
endorsements: (CID) (RPP)

shua (POP)
endorsements: (POP)

snowguy716 (JCP)
endorsements: (JCP)

Noted Write-ins (any campaign for write in that has had more than two people say they plan to vote)
BRTD
(note this will not go on the ballot and is simply for informational purposes)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2011, 08:11:27 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2011, 08:29:50 PM by Teddy (SoFE) »

This election is held in accordance with Article V of the Constitution and with the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act.  The regular election begins at 23:59, August 18th, and ends at 23:59, August 21st.

DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE THE POST CONTAINING YOUR BALLOT IN ANY WAY AFTER 20 MINUTES OF ITS BEING POSTED OR YOUR VOTE WILL BE INVALIDATED

The act of campaigning within the election booth is strictly forbidden and will render void any votes made by those who campaign.  The act of campaigning is considered to include, but is not limited to, strong attempts to compel others either to vote or not to vote for one or multiple candidates, or other related activities that could reasonably be construed as a direct attempt to influence how future voters cast their ballots. In other words, this is not a discussion thread. Keep posts to votes only.

However, the Department of Forum Affairs will make every effort to be fair in consideration of the above matter and will give voters the benefit of the doubt.  Explanations of one's vote or simple expressions of approval for a candidate will not be construed as acts of campaigning, unless they obviously violate the above criteria.

Place the numbers 1, 2, etc. in the space provided beside the candidates who you wish to vote for to designate your order of preference for these candidates.  If any other mark or attempt to order the candidates is made, the Department of Forum Affairs will make every effort to deduce voter intent from the content of the ballot, but the warning must be issued that failure to follow the above instructions may result in the invalidation of your ballot in the event of an inability to discern voter intent.  You are an eligible voter in general if you were registered to vote on or before the proper date, and if you made 15 posts in any location within the Atlas Forum in the 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the regular election. In other words, if your name appears on the Census list, you can presume you are elegible.  

In the event that you do not support any listed candidate or that you support one or many candidates that are not listed in addition to those that are, you may write in other candidates and include them in your list of preferences.  Space is provided for one such write-in, but as many can be listed as you wish.  In the event that you do not support any listed candidate, and do not wish to write in any candidate, you may place an X or a 1 beside "None of the above", and only beside "None of the above".  In the event that an X or a 1 appears beside "None of the above" on a ballot, all other marks or numbers will be ignored.  It is not permissible under current election law to vote for both "None of the above" and other candidates.

The Department of Federal Elections strongly recommends that you preference at least 5 candidates, as there are 5 seats to be filled. Every voter should be reminded, however, that any and all candidates can be preferenced, and that preferences even after 5th preference can still be relevant in the count.

DO NOT VOTE IN THIS BOOTH UNTIL THE GENERAL ELECTION BEGINS (23:59 Eastern Time)! VOTES CAST BEFORE THEN ARE INVALID! In other words, 4 hours from the time of this post. Do not vote until then. Thank you.

Names of candidates follow in alphabetical order.

[  ] AHDuke99
Candidate: Regional Protection Party (RPP)
Endorsement: Regional Protection Party (RPP), Coalition of Independent Democrats (CID)

[  ] benconstine
Candidate: Coalition of Independent Democrats (CID)
Endorsement: Coalition of Independent Democrats (CID)

[  ] homelycooking
Endorsement: Coalition of Independent Democrats (CID)

[  ] JBrase
Endorsement: Coalition of Independent Democrats (CID), Regional Protection Party (RPP)

[  ] shua
Candidate: Populares (POP)
Endorsement: Populares (POP)

[  ] snowguy716
Candidate: Jesus Christ Party (JCP)
Endorsement: Jesus Christ Party (JCP)

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #233 on: August 18, 2011, 10:42:30 PM »

Just for clarification, why is Ben on the ballot but not BRTD? I checked the Constitution, and it says the deadline is 24 hours before the earliest possible start of the election. Was Thursday at 12:00am not the earliest possible start, making Wednesday at 12:00am the deadline? It would appear as if he is 13 hours late.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2011, 10:48:34 PM »

Just for clarification, why is Ben on the ballot but not BRTD? I checked the Constitution, and it says the deadline is 24 hours before the earliest possible start of the election. Was Thursday at 12:00am not the earliest possible start, making Wednesday at 12:00am the deadline? It would appear as if he is 13 hours late.
As for why Ben is on the ballot
I always make every effort to be as inclusive as possible, even if it does "bend" the law, as I'd rather "go down in flames" for being too democratic than not democratic enough.

As for why BRTD is not on the ballot
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=40247.2730
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=40247.2715
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=40247.2700
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=40247.2685
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=40247.2670
The fairest way to avoid any accusations of bias for or against any particular candidate is for me to either read every single post ever posted on the entire forum to look for this information, or, to actively read none of them. It may seem silly, but it holds this office beyond reproach.
despite that I did check:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=139749.0 (title, write-in)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2011, 10:52:06 PM »

I strongly object. I will challenge this in court if necessary. Ben shouldn't be on the ballot.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2011, 10:52:46 PM »

I strongly object. I will challenge this in court if necessary. Ben shouldn't be on the ballot.
You are free to file a petition with the courts.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2011, 10:56:46 PM »

I see three main options here:

1) Ben is kept on the ballot, BRTD added
2) Ben is removed from the ballot.
3) I will seriously consider having the results invalidated in court.

I hope you don't decide to go with the last option, it sounds like a bunch of unnecessary drama.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2011, 10:58:09 PM »

I am unable to find this clause you are referring to.

I also can not add BRTD who has clearly started that he is running a write-in

you have 120 seconds to show me the clause if you want ben removed
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2011, 10:59:45 PM »

I've found the article
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2011, 11:01:26 PM »

I meant to say the CESRA, not the Constitution.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/CESRA#Section_8:_Candidacy_Declarations

The candidacy declaration deadline for regular elections to the Senate shall be twenty-four hours before the earliest possible commencement of the election and for special elections to the Senate shall be twenty-four hours before the commencement of the election.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2011, 11:02:04 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Consolidated_Electoral_System_Reform_Act#Section_8:_Candidacy_Declarations
You must be logged in to read this quote.

It is my opinion that this is in fact clear and unambigious, and that allowing ben to remain on the ballot would open the department up to un-needed* legal challenge.

*IE I wont go against my own interpretation of the law.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2011, 11:03:56 PM »

Note that ben was removed due to this being brought to my attention.

While I am always willing to "bend" the law in favour of more democracy, I can not clearly "break" them.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2011, 11:05:25 PM »

Thank you for the consistency.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2011, 11:06:13 PM »

It would not be an altasia election without some kind of legalistic drama Tongue
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2011, 11:13:47 PM »

to do:
Update calendar with clear deadline filing times
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #246 on: August 22, 2011, 05:55:45 AM »

Preliminary (un-validated) results have been posted in the ballot thread.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2011, 02:52:09 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2011, 03:00:20 AM by Teddy (SoFE) »

Please note for future reference that if you quit the game between the time you are elected and the time the results are validated (and this window will be expanding as I plan to leave a few hours to find errors) that you will cause a host of problems. Rather, concede defeat, as this allows the election to be re-counted without you as a candidate.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=139799.msg3001130#msg3001130
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: August 24, 2011, 03:08:24 AM »

According to what law?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #249 on: August 24, 2011, 03:12:55 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Consolidated_Electoral_System_Reform_Act#Section_12:_Concession_of_Victory

It's the next highest. I had thought I'd have to recount the entire thing.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies