Danish Local Elections November 16th 2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:18:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Danish Local Elections November 16th 2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Danish Local Elections November 16th 2021  (Read 7620 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: November 16, 2021, 04:03:02 PM »

Any idea what happened in Fanø? Radikale went from not competing last time to become the largest party this time. Seems odd to me. Is it people who previously represented Alternativet that has jumped ship?
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 04:21:59 PM »

Not really. I found an article about their lead candidate, where it says that the Social Liberals has never had a seat in the council! The lead candidate is grown up on the island, but only moved back there earlier this year.

Local elections in small municipalities can be so fascinating. I really wonder what they did to have such a response.

Waiting for results in Herning and Holstebro (where my grandpa grew up) and Helsingør and Fredriksberg (want to know if the Conservatives hold on).
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 04:28:06 PM »

Not everything is just bad news for Venstre. They've increased their number of seats in Brønderslev and Vesthimmerland.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 05:04:40 PM »

Bornholm – Likely A
Long time social democratic mayor Winni Grosbøll retired at the start of the year and Thomas Thors, who was mayor from 2003 to 2005 took over again. Grosbøll was extremely popular but wanted to do something other than being mayor, became CEO of Friluftsrådet and moved in with her boyfriend in Cph (across the street from me :-D ). Thors has just been elected as the lead for the election, and will probably keep the power (but has a history of losing the mayoralty in spectacular fashion)

Looks like Thors have done it again...
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 12:15:21 PM »

Impressive how quickly the local parties negotiate and agree on a mayor in Denmark.

Best case in Sweden, when there isn't an obvious winner, is a few days but it's usually more common that it takes a few weeks of negotiating before the new municipal leadership is agreed upon.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies