Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:16:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 132737 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: October 03, 2014, 05:06:02 PM »

So far, I haven't heard anything, but I'm still hopeful that I'll hear something either by 1700 today or sometime on Monday.  In the mean time, I will continue on with the job search as normal.

Any time for naps, college football, or the ALDS?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1101 on: October 03, 2014, 05:08:54 PM »

So far, I haven't heard anything, but I'm still hopeful that I'll hear something either by 1700 today or sometime on Monday.  In the mean time, I will continue on with the job search as normal.

Any time for naps, college football, or the ALDS?

No nap, and I'm watching the NLDS right now and trying to decide between the Cardinals vs. Dodgers at 1730 or Louisville vs. Syracuse CF at 1800.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1102 on: October 03, 2014, 05:09:25 PM »

Something seems suspicious. The total lack of details here makes it sound like A minimum-wage or basic job that he can't afford to take.  I'm concerned if he gets this he'll go further in the hole.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1103 on: October 03, 2014, 05:13:54 PM »

Something seems suspicious. The total lack of details here makes it sound like A minimum-wage or basic job that he can't afford to take.  I'm concerned if he gets this he'll go further in the hole.

No fear of that.  There's just not a whole lot to report except what I have.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1104 on: October 03, 2014, 05:25:05 PM »

Grumps, to satisfy your concern, the job pays $15.00/hr.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1105 on: October 03, 2014, 05:29:25 PM »

That's a pretty normal lifestyle in downtown OKC, but surely you could live like a king out in the sticks if you jump on this gravy train.  You'd be like the Christian opebo of rural Oklahoma. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1106 on: October 03, 2014, 05:34:52 PM »

That's a pretty normal lifestyle in downtown OKC, but surely you could live like a king out in the sticks if you jump on this gravy train.  You'd be like the Christian opebo of rural Oklahoma. 

$15 an hour is very doable for a bachelor in Oklahoma City.  I thoroughly enjoyed living in Northwest Oklahoma during my collegiate years.  Anymore, I prefer being close to a major city and close to life's necessities when I need them.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1107 on: October 03, 2014, 05:37:59 PM »

Does it really matter whether or not he gets this job? Either way, he's going to be unemployed and looking for the next step of his career at Christmas.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1108 on: October 03, 2014, 05:41:49 PM »

Does it really matter whether or not he gets this job? Either way, he's going to be unemployed and looking for the next step of his career at Christmas.

Absolute certainty is nonsense in this case.  Bushie surely has a decent chance to blend in while he slowly refreshes himself with his CADDing. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1109 on: October 03, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »

It is a 30-day probationary period, instead of a 90-day, so I would definitely have to hit the ground running and buckle down hard.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1110 on: October 03, 2014, 06:30:53 PM »

It is a 30-day probationary period, instead of a 90-day, so I would definitely have to hit the ground running and buckwle down hard.

That's unfortunate.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1111 on: October 03, 2014, 07:08:33 PM »

It is a 30-day probationary period, instead of a 90-day, so I would definitely have to hit the ground running and buckwle down hard.

That's unfortunate.

It can be done.  He showed me kind of what they do and it doesn't look that hard.  It even looks easier than my previous employer.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1112 on: October 03, 2014, 07:13:18 PM »

Bushie didn't even make it to the end of his probationary period with the other employer and then says this new job will be "even easier."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1113 on: October 03, 2014, 07:17:04 PM »

Bushie didn't even make it to the end of his probationary period with the other employer and then says this new job will be "even easier."

Just gauging on what I would actually be doing.  It looks to be a lot simpler.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1114 on: October 03, 2014, 07:17:48 PM »

How so?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1115 on: October 03, 2014, 07:21:24 PM »

How so?

It looks a lot like a "fill-in-the-blank", CAD style.  Instead of vocabulary words, I would be putting in shapes in a diagram to represent tanks and such.  They do a lot of the same work that my previous company does and apparently partners with them on occasion.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1116 on: October 03, 2014, 07:26:14 PM »

What exactly were you designing in your last job and what will you be designing in this next one?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1117 on: October 03, 2014, 07:30:32 PM »

How so?

It looks a lot like a "fill-in-the-blank", CAD style.  Instead of vocabulary words, I would be putting in shapes in a diagram to represent tanks and such.  They do a lot of the same work that my previous company does and apparently partners with them on occasion.

As soon as boss B asks "the boss" about his latest applicant Bushie will find himself with another employer to strike off the list.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1118 on: October 03, 2014, 07:33:48 PM »

How so?

As soon as boss B asks "the boss" about his latest applicant Bushie will find himself with another employer to strike off the list.
Why? What do you think Allison would say?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1119 on: October 03, 2014, 07:43:27 PM »

What exactly were you designing in your last job and what will you be designing in this next one?

In the previous job, I was taking existing drawings of large heating systems (boilers and electrical systems) for large refineries and detailing them, making revisions as handed down by the customer and the engineers.

In this new job, I will be mapping out the same heating systems on a fresh drawing.  For instance, I will be showing where the tanks are and all the other items.  The team who interviewed me said each drawing should take 15-45 minutes.  Admittedly, I may have cooked my own goose when I said I could get them done in 2-3 hours (this was before they told me 15-45 minutes).  I thought to myself, "oops".  I don't know if that statement leaves me out or not.  I'll find out Monday.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1120 on: October 03, 2014, 08:13:05 PM »

In the previous job, I was taking existing drawings of large heating systems (boilers and electrical systems) for large refineries and detailing them, making revisions as handed down by the customer and the engineers.

In this new job, I will be mapping out the same heating systems on a fresh drawing.

So more responsibility and less oversight? Oh lord.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1121 on: October 03, 2014, 08:15:37 PM »

In this new job, I will be mapping out the same heating systems on a fresh drawing.

So more responsibility and less oversight? Oh lord.

There will definitely be oversight.  I will have someone who I turn my drawings into.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1122 on: October 03, 2014, 09:38:39 PM »

Bushie, if you get fired from your next CAD job, will you put CAD in the customer service bin and get a job at WalMart?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1123 on: October 03, 2014, 09:48:42 PM »

Bushie, if you get fired from your next CAD job, will you put CAD in the customer service bin and get a job at WalMart?

I hope he would.  Wouldn't being asst. manager at an Oklahoma Wal-Mart be a lot like being on city council?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1124 on: October 03, 2014, 10:00:11 PM »

I panicked for a second when I saw that Bushie would be designing 'tanks'.  But then I guess there's still a market for the type of tank that Bushie would design.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies