The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:47:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 170794 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2020, 08:53:31 AM »

I'm dubious when I hear someone has been shot in the back seven (7) times.  So I'll suspend judgement.  That doesn't sound good on its face.  However, in the face of Keith Ellison deliberately withholding release of critical information (that George Floyd's "I can't breathe!" was due to a massive drug overdose) that would (and still may) exonerate at least some of the Police Officers in Minneapolis and almost certainly bring about a reduction in charges, I'm going to remain skeptical that Wisconsin officials are being honest about this.  

I note that Blake's Felony Sexual Assault charge has been dismissed.  I would like to know if the victim recanted, and if she recanted under pressure or coercion.  The offense was classified as a Domestic Violence offense, and victims often are coerced into dropping charges, or become unwilling to testify against perpetrators for other reasons.  

Jacob Blake's shooting may, or may not, have been justified.  But he's got his track record.  This forum has branded far less malevolent persons as scumbags, so I'll unequivocally say that Jacob Blake was not a decent man and was not a law-abiding citizen.  Merely being a scumbag does not rate the death penalty.  But it insults my intelligence for anyone to portray Jacob Blake as a decent man or a "Civil Rights Martyr".  Two (2) years ago, he'd be in the midst of being pilloried by #MeToo.

The people rioting in Kenosha should be in jail facing criminal charges.  Every last one.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2020, 01:37:00 PM »

I say we name the thread after lfromnj for his property is more important then people thing. He hadn't had his turn yet and he wouldn't probably wouldn't throw a hissyfit over it like some people.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2020, 02:31:20 PM »

I say we name the thread after lfromnj for his property is more important then people thing. He hadn't had his turn yet and he wouldn't probably wouldn't throw a hissyfit over it like some people.

Sure why not ? I'm bored anyway.. Btw its property is more important than looters who chose to respect their own lives less than property.. Just give me the 2nd part to name it after.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2020, 02:39:24 PM »

Lfromnj lair
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2020, 02:53:16 PM »

I'm dubious when I hear someone has been shot in the back seven (7) times.  So I'll suspend judgement.  That doesn't sound good on its face.  However, in the face of Keith Ellison deliberately withholding release of critical information (that George Floyd's "I can't breathe!" was due to a massive drug overdose) that would (and still may) exonerate at least some of the Police Officers in Minneapolis and almost certainly bring about a reduction in charges, I'm going to remain skeptical that Wisconsin officials are being honest about this.  

I note that Blake's Felony Sexual Assault charge has been dismissed.  I would like to know if the victim recanted, and if she recanted under pressure or coercion.  The offense was classified as a Domestic Violence offense, and victims often are coerced into dropping charges, or become unwilling to testify against perpetrators for other reasons.  

Jacob Blake's shooting may, or may not, have been justified.  But he's got his track record.  This forum has branded far less malevolent persons as scumbags, so I'll unequivocally say that Jacob Blake was not a decent man and was not a law-abiding citizen.  Merely being a scumbag does not rate the death penalty.  But it insults my intelligence for anyone to portray Jacob Blake as a decent man or a "Civil Rights Martyr".  Two (2) years ago, he'd be in the midst of being pilloried by #MeToo.

The people rioting in Kenosha should be in jail facing criminal charges.  Every last one.

Why wasn't he infracted for deliberately spreading misinformation?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2020, 03:49:25 PM »

The people rioting in Kenosha should be in jail facing criminal charges.  Every last one.

Why wasn't he infracted for deliberately spreading misinformation?

Because Fuzzy would have burned the forum down had he been infracted for anything. Let's face it, the mods are afraid to infract Fuzzy Bear.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2020, 04:21:42 PM »

I think Biden should hire Moore as a campaign advisor.

He knows MN is trending R
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2020, 02:18:04 PM »

I think it's time for a thread rename
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2020, 05:00:19 PM »

Alas, he is far from the only blue/yellow avatar that justifies murder in the name of law and order.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2020, 01:29:31 AM »

Alas, he is far from the only blue/yellow avatar that justifies murder in the name of law and order.

So guys, what would you do if there were a few dozen people with tiki torches and molotov cocktails out in front of your house, getting ready to burn it to the ground? Seriously, I'm curious to know how you'd go about handling that situation, given that you're so quick to criticize others for their methods of dealing with it.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2020, 06:32:01 AM »

So guys, what would you do if there were a few dozen people with tiki torches and molotov cocktails out in front of your house, getting ready to burn it to the ground? Seriously, I'm curious to know how you'd go about handling that situation, given that you're so quick to criticize others for their methods of dealing with it.

This is a topic for another thread, but call 911 and wait for the police and/or firefighters to come.

Though I will also note that defending your home (where you would be defending your life and that of your loved ones) is not quite the same as defending your business (where you would "merely" be defending property)

I hold slightly more sympathy for people defending their home, though as always specifics matter.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2020, 07:04:56 AM »

Are you going to answer my question as to why you’re up at 3:00 AM posting attacks on American posters? Do you have a life or not? It’s a valid question. And posting this without comment is not a valid answer.

Are you going to slink away from Duke’s question too?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2020, 07:06:00 AM »

This is a topic for another thread, but call 911 and wait for the police and/or firefighters to come.

Though I will also note that defending your home (where you would be defending your life and that of your loved ones) is not quite the same as defending your business (where you would "merely" be defending property)

I hold slightly more sympathy for people defending their home, though as always specifics matter.
So, stay inside a burning home or business until the cops may or may not show up?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2020, 07:08:59 AM »

So, stay inside a burning home or business until the cops may or may not show up?

No, obviously if your house is on fire you should escape or put out the fire. But at that point shooting people will not solve anything anyways.

And cops should show up. If not, add "police should be faster when attending emergencies" to the list of issues with the police
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2020, 07:10:59 AM »
« Edited: September 01, 2020, 08:32:34 AM by Cath »

On a night when maybe this same issue is happening all over the city, your specific home or business will be lucky if it gets priority. This has little to do with malevolence or even incompetence.

EDIT: I feel the fact that contemporary unrest is happening in response to perceived injustice by the police is an important piece of subtext that is being overlooked. This opens us up to two additional possibilities: (1) law enforcement will be under increased scrutiny and not have freedom of action--this appears unlikely at the moment but should not be ruled out; and/or (2) actions taken by law enforcement will, perhaps regardless of merit, inflame the situation even more.

Additionally, sans calling in the NG, having a police force with enough staff to respond to citywide unrest will probably mean that either your force is at ordinary times bloated with extra personnel, or that they are pulling from other shifts/functions, thereby furnishing the city with a police force that is at crucial moments overworked, interspersed with older or more bureaucratically-oriented members (and as such deprived of behind-the-scenes admin personnel), and sleep deprived.

Tack, I feel like you're looking at the situation as it should be
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2020, 07:12:13 AM »

No, obviously if your house is on fire you should escape or put out the fire. But at that point shooting people will not solve anything anyways.

And cops should show up. If not, add "police should be faster when attending emergencies" to the list of issues with the police
What if these people are armed and will shoot or hurt you if escape the burning building? Then what?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2020, 07:14:01 AM »
« Edited: September 01, 2020, 07:19:48 AM by Senator tack50 (Lab-Lincoln) »

What if these people are armed and will shoot or hurt you if escape the burning building? Then what?

Well, then you die I guess, unless cops come to save you. But if a mob of tens of people comes armed at your home I doubt you could survive regardless of whether or not you shoot at them first.

Real life is not Call of Duty, and you are not going to get a "10 kill killstreak" if suddenly tens of people armed with guns come knocking on your door with the intent of killing you, your family and burning all you have.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2020, 07:19:12 AM »

On a night when maybe this same issue is happening all over the city, your specific home or business will be lucky if it gets priority. This has little to do with malevolence or even incompetence.

Normally, riots are concentrated in a specific area as well, it's not like they are dozens of buildings burning, several km apart.

In fact, said specific area is usually some sort of big avenue or square in the city center.

Property damage will unfortunately always exist, but it can be reduced or concentrated to a certain area.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2020, 07:24:46 AM »

Normally, riots are concentrated in a specific area as well, it's not like they are dozens of buildings burning, several km apart.

In fact, said specific area is usually some sort of big avenue or square in the city center.

Property damage will unfortunately always exist, but it can be reduced or concentrated to a certain area.

This is perhaps a fair point--the geographic dispersion of stuff like that is an area I would love to study. That said, my impression of such time periods is that they would be almost universally "busy nights" for law enforcement, resulting in delayed response times all around.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2020, 07:28:26 AM »

Well, then you die I guess, unless cops come to save you. But if a mob of tens of people comes armed at your home I doubt you could survive regardless of whether or not you shoot at them first.

Real life is not Call of Duty, and you are not going to get a "10 kill killstreak" if suddenly tens of people armed with guns come knocking on your door with the intent of killing you, your family and burning all you have.
You are insane.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2020, 08:33:55 AM »

Lmao imagine thinking that among all the users there are on this forum, tack50 is insane.

P. S. Could you please bring this discussion to another thread, please?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #221 on: September 01, 2020, 08:39:11 AM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2020, 10:47:40 AM »

Sacrifice myself to the non-binary, racially ambiguous gods of SJWism. According to their religion, I can go to Berkeley when I die.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2020, 10:53:33 AM »

You are insane.

You beat me to writing precisely that. Even if I die protecting my family, at least I'm sending a half dozen or so to their doom. People who don't respect property forfeit their right to life.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2020, 11:00:28 AM »

Sacrifice myself to the non-binary, racially ambiguous gods of SJWism. According to their religion, I can go to Berkeley when I die.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies