Quinnipiac: Biden +11 in FL, +13 in PA, +5 in IA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:58:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Quinnipiac: Biden +11 in FL, +13 in PA, +5 in IA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quinnipiac: Biden +11 in FL, +13 in PA, +5 in IA  (Read 6331 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 07, 2020, 05:59:41 PM »

There is no way Biden wins Florida by double digits. Such a thing just cannot be. It'd break the fabric of reality.

About like Iowa being almost a double-digit win for Trump in 2016. Florida never goes double-digits for anyone (OK, it did go 15% for Ike in 1956 and 15% for Truman in 1948.

At this point I am seeing signs of an Eisenhower-scale landslide. I have compared Obama to Eisenhower for winning more like Ike than like Carter. Iowa is reverting to its pre-2016 norm, which isn't so surprising. Iowa going away from Trump?  Pennsylvania never did that well for Obama, and you will note that Colorado and Virginia are likely in the double-digit range for Biden. Democrats have won the voters who best resemble the old Eisenhower-Rockefeller Republicans. That sort of thing can happen over decades.

Iowa going away from Trump? I remember seeing polls from a couple years ago in which Trump had approval numbers near 40% during the trade wars. Iowa gave a firm majority to Democrats in House elections in 2018, so one can easily imagine Trump losing in Iowa.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies