Hillarious (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:32:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Hillarious (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillarious  (Read 4444 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: May 31, 2009, 12:43:19 PM »

Am i the only one who finds it hillarious that the networks call the safe states using exit poll data, and even call some of the battleground states before even a 1/4 of the votes have been counted (for example, Ohio for Obama in 2008, Florida for Gore in 2008 etc)? It's hillarious. The exit polls are JUST polls, they COULD go wrong. At least 75% of the vote should be counted in every state in my opinion before it is called.

Nope...just mathematical probabilties. There's nothing wrong at all with calling safe states with exit poll data...especially if that exit poll data confirms pre-election polls. Exit polls can be off...but they're not off by 20 points.

And even the closer states (like Ohio in 2008)...why on Earth do you need 75% of the vote? All you need there is a couple of votes from representive precincts...and you analyze the swing there compared to previous election.....compare that to other precincts from other parts of the state.....and it's not very difficult to make a projection with near certainty.

Franzl's right.

I assumed this thread was about Hillary

That's what I actually figured at first too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies