What ideological labels would you use to describe your politics? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:17:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What ideological labels would you use to describe your politics? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What ideological labels would you use to describe your politics?  (Read 6604 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: March 25, 2015, 12:26:33 PM »

I swing depending upon my mood and upon external economic factors.  On good days I may be identified as Lockean, more or less, with a tendency toward existentialist neoliberalism.

On bad days I want to be a radical revolutionary.  Well, my level of commitment to both liberty and equality becomes tantamount to that of the revolutionary, but my recognition of other principles causes hesitation because my lifestyle simply cannot accommodate the commitments of a full-time insurrectionist, even though I support, in principle, lending my spare time to all kinds of subversive behavior.  I might try to model alternative ways of living, but even on my worst days I have neither the time nor the inclination to put my efforts and fortune into the cause. 

Today is a medium day, neither bad nor good.  On such days I'm sort of a bemused apolitical centrist.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:58:39 PM »

You seem to have found some profit in my post.  Of course the humor that I intended was not of the wet variety, but indeed if it caused you to laugh out loud, then I'm glad to have been of service.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 10:48:46 AM »

That was my mood today, according to http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=pollabyn

In fact, I received the following top five labels (with matching scores in parentheses):

Anarcho-capitalist (100%)          
         Geoanarchist (100%)          
         Geolibertarian (100%)          
         Non-interventionist minarchist (100%)          
         Non-interventionist social democratic statist (100%)    

Oddly, perhaps, depending upon how you interpret these things, within minutes of taking that test I took the "I side with" test and got the following results:

Green Party 74%
Democrats 72%
Libertarians 68%
Republicans 59%

I suppose I'm in a co-operative mood today, since all my numbers are above 50% in this test.  But apparently I don't play well with everyone.  Only 28% of Pennsylvanians agree with me on "social" issues, according to the Isidewith quiz.  Go figure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies