Michigan poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:12:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Michigan poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Michigan poll  (Read 11524 times)
Kghadial
Rookie

« on: March 08, 2004, 06:14:13 PM »

Of the 2000 'swing' states that everyone was predicting, Michigan went more for Gore than any other 'swing' state. Considering how high Michigan's unemployment rate is, and considering that they made Granholm their governor (is that Michigan, or am i confused?) it's hard to believe that Bush will be able to convince 150,000 Gore supporters to vote for him instead.

The Nader&Gore total was roughly 300,000 more than the Bush&Buchanan.   Gore's vote margin (not percentage) in Michigan was about the same as Bush's margin in Virginia, and no one really think that Virginia is a legitmate swing state unless Rendell runs as VP. So at this point it seems silly to think of Michigan as a swing state unless Bush picks a Midwestern VP.

Michigan seems like pretty solid Kerry country to me.  I think by October it'll be solid Kerry country and both sides will save their money  and use their dollars in Phoenix and Vegas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies