What does the GOP offer to appeal to "Millennial" voters? (born post-1980) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 05:14:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What does the GOP offer to appeal to "Millennial" voters? (born post-1980) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What does the GOP offer to appeal to "Millennial" voters? (born post-1980)  (Read 4023 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: May 31, 2014, 08:01:17 PM »

This sort of elitist thinking is what totally killed the Democratic brand in the south and in rural/exurban communities.

"These kids are f[inks]ed!" is no different than saying "No wonder why these hicks are poor!"
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:10:54 PM »

One thing that does help the GOP a little bit among the youngest voters though is this: Didn't Quiverfull really take off in the mid-'90s?

I remember seeing an article about 10 years ago that said the birth rate among conservatives was much, much higher than among liberals. I don't know if this was true before that era, and I don't know if it's still true today, but that was certainly the trend 10 or 20 years ago. That was really the entire point of Quiverfull.

Unfortunately, the right-wing media scapegoats poor welfare recipients for having 1 or 2 kids, while praising right-wing Quiverfull types who have 15 or 20.

It was probably always this way since at least WW1. My grandmother's mother was really religious and had 12 kids but that doesn't mean that sort of phenomenon dominates the discourse.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 11:02:23 PM »

Most poor people don't vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies