Legislative Blackmail
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:03:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislative Blackmail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Legislative Blackmail  (Read 1520 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2019, 05:35:56 PM »

While it is dumb, it is completely within their rights to do.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2019, 06:19:53 PM »

You tell 'em! Griffin and Sestak, as per usual, are simply telling it like it is. To quote heroic Atlasian citizen Marianne Williamson, "the only way to beat big lies is with big truth!"
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2019, 01:58:27 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2019, 01:21:32 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I take offense the inclusion of the Senate in this. I am racing to clear as many bills as possible so that I can bring up rules changes with bipartisan support to avoid problems in the Senate like the House is seeing, rules changes which I have discussed with several Senators on both sides and also with Sestak and Griffin.

I introduced one bill at the request of Mr. R and it was publicly disclosed in the threads even, dealing with the issue of education. Regionalizing education has been a promise of sorts going back to the constitutional convention, that we would have devolution of education and as much responsibilities given to the new three regions as practical to avoid the situation we had pre-reset. That doesn't mean there is no role for the federal government to play in that, but this is a position that I worked on in the past with such "extreme conservatives" as Peebs and other Labor/Peace members to advance and it was discussed with people like Truman and Griffin back in 2015. That said I have already introduced an amendment to scale back portions of this that I think go too far.

I have also introduced an amendment to one of Vern's bills to protect the Postal Lending system, an issue which I have respectively disagreed with Mr. R since I pushed hard in my first stint as President to re-establish that program (it was accomplished right after I left office b/c Congress moved too slow ironically).

While I understand your frustrations, especially on the house side, Mr. President-elect, I think it is unfair to characterize the situation in the Senate in this fashion, especially after our long conversations on the matter.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2019, 02:27:04 AM »

While I understand your frustrations, especially on the house side, Mr. President I think it is unfair to characterize the situation in the Senate in this fashion, especially after our long conversations on the matter.

Assuming this is aimed at me, I'm failing to see anywhere where I included the Senate in any of this...? That wasn't implied nor intended.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2019, 03:08:31 AM »

While I understand your frustrations, especially on the house side, Mr. President I think it is unfair to characterize the situation in the Senate in this fashion, especially after our long conversations on the matter.

Assuming this is aimed at me, I'm failing to see anywhere where I included the Senate in any of this...? That wasn't implied nor intended.

Sestak did for some reason I thought you were the OP and not him.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2019, 09:54:05 AM »

I don’t think Sestak is referring to you, either.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2019, 12:44:45 PM »

The OP says "Federalist Members of the House and Senate". Since Vern switched and LT got mega blanched, Yank is the only federalist Senator, so it's unclear what other Senator Sestak could be referring to.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2019, 01:18:03 PM »

Hold your horses, I still have two days in office left!!!!! Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2019, 01:19:32 PM »

Hold your horses, I still have two days in office left!!!!! Smiley

I actually said President-elect in my head if that makes you feel better. It just didn't translate to the actual typed words, which as you can tell by the extra clunkiness and poorer than usual grammar was a result of 3 AM post work exhaustion.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2019, 01:20:35 PM »

Oh god here come the flashbacks...
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2019, 01:31:21 PM »

The OP says "Federalist Members of the House and Senate". Since Vern switched and LT got mega blanched, Yank is the only federalist Senator, so it's unclear what other Senator Sestak could be referring to.

Think he’s referring to LT here as IIRC he’s the only Fed in that body to introduce anything shortly after YT lost.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2019, 10:26:52 PM »

Think he’s referring to LT here as IIRC he’s the only Fed in that body to introduce anything shortly after YT lost.

Thats been a pattern for LT though. He introduced DRRA 16 and 17, Injun Country, Woke Worker, and the Piracy bill all at the same time.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies