Trump: Elizabeth Warren as my opponent “would be a dream come true” (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:56:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump: Elizabeth Warren as my opponent “would be a dream come true” (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: Elizabeth Warren as my opponent “would be a dream come true”  (Read 4774 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: March 18, 2017, 09:52:39 PM »
« edited: March 18, 2017, 09:58:17 PM by Ronnie »

Warren is a really polarizing political figure, but so is Don.  I imagine a race between the two would be quite the barn-burner, and I would look forward to it.  I don't think Warren would turn off too many people who voted for Clinton, and may also bring in a few millennials who were disillusioned with the previous nominee.  She isn't the strongest candidate by any stretch, but I wouldn't count her out.  The left just might need a bit of a street-fighter to take on the current brawler of a president.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 10:34:16 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2017, 10:49:42 PM by Ronnie »

Yep, just like Trump was a dream come true for the Democrats... wait.

I do think Warren would have some issues as the Democratic candidate, but she'd be far from the worst candidate Democrats could put up.

Yeah, that would probably be Booker, Cuomo, or McAuliffe, out of the plausible contenders.  One thing Warren does have going for her is that I don't see the kind of intra-party strife that manifested itself during the last cycle happening again under her watch; she can reasonably appeal to both the Sanders and the Clinton wings.  But someone like Booker as the nominee would intensely exacerbate the divisions within the Party.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 07:08:04 PM »

It won't take a white man to defeat Trump, so let's just stop pushing the notion that gender or race should factor in who is the nominee. Warren could easily defeat Trump, because she is progressive, but still pragmatic enough to win over swing voters. Besides that, Trump won by about 70k votes across three states to secure 270 and lost the popular vote by millions, so he's far from being in a position of being that secure against credible candidates.

Aren't you contradicting yourself in that sentence? Tongue
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 07:27:06 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2017, 09:35:48 PM by Ronnie »

I don't dispute the notion that a person other than a white man can defeat Trump, but the way you worded that sentence made it appear as if you believe that a white man shouldn't be the person to defeat Trump, and also that race and gender shouldn't be a factor.  You can hold one view or the other, but not both.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies