House of Commons passes resolution calling for the resgination of the Liberals
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:14:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  House of Commons passes resolution calling for the resgination of the Liberals
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: House of Commons passes resolution calling for the resgination of the Liberals  (Read 3082 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2005, 06:41:22 AM »

The Parliament will hold a budget vote on May 19 as promised. Which means that it is pretty likely we see an election a week from now!! YAYYY!!! Smiley
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2005, 03:23:47 PM »

Earl, do you think the NDP could come back to Sask? They lost their only member their last year despite that province being the NDP's cradle. Most of the races there are Tory vs. NDP

Possibly, but it will come at the expense of possible expansion in areas like Toronto.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2005, 03:36:46 PM »

NDP are going to struggle expanding much in Toronto IMO.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2005, 10:32:27 AM »

NDP are going to struggle expanding much in Toronto IMO.

Depends who runs. I agree, it's extremely hard to unseat an incumbent in Toronto.  Chow *may* win if she runs again, and I hear an NDP MPP will be running in Beaches-East York, so she could win as well. Although I wouldn't bet on it. Layton will win his seat in a landslide, Dennis Mills is not running again.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2005, 02:50:26 PM »

Chow *may* win if she runs again, and I hear an NDP MPP will be running in Beaches-East York, so she could win as well. Although I wouldn't bet on it. Layton will win his seat in a landslide, Dennis Mills is not running again.

It's a former MPP in Beaches-East York, but yep the NDP have a very good chance at picking that one up. No Mills means Layton wins big... as for Chow, I suspect she might squeak it this time round.

But the NDP's best chances for gains in Ontario are outside Toronto IMO.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2005, 04:34:34 PM »

Chow *may* win if she runs again, and I hear an NDP MPP will be running in Beaches-East York, so she could win as well. Although I wouldn't bet on it. Layton will win his seat in a landslide, Dennis Mills is not running again.

It's a former MPP in Beaches-East York, but yep the NDP have a very good chance at picking that one up. No Mills means Layton wins big... as for Chow, I suspect she might squeak it this time round.

But the NDP's best chances for gains in Ontario are outside Toronto IMO.

She's not the former MPP, she's the current MPP Wink. Her name is Marilyn Churley and she is the MPP from neighbouring Toronto-Danforth (held by Layton).   It could go NDP, but I think Churley would be wise to stay put in the OLA.

In my opinion, the NDP can only gain big in BC and Ontario, and if you look at the 20 closest ridings where they lost 9 were in BC and 6 were in Ontario.  4 were in Saskatchewan too, and the only one outside of these provinces was Western Arctic, which could go any direction,
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies