UK General Election, 2017 - Election Day and Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:12:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election, 2017 - Election Day and Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Election, 2017 - Election Day and Results Thread  (Read 148000 times)
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« on: June 08, 2017, 09:36:21 AM »

I guess something like 325 seats for the Tories would be the best result. It would prevent a Labour government but it would also make sure May's kind of conservatism doesn't take over the Tories. In the best case May would be out before 2018, but I'm afraid the only way to get rid of May anytime soon is her losing the election which would be even worse.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 12:02:07 AM »

My hate for May is getting personal lol. Just resign and let someone like Johnson or Hammond be PM please... You almost lost an election to Jeremy Corbyn...
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 08:06:12 AM »

"Democratic Unionist sources have told The Guardian that one possible sweetener fro the party from Theresa May and the Tories is the possible elevation of Peter Robinson to the House of Lords."

His wife was the one with the toyboy right?
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 04:44:13 PM »

Haven't read much about the causes of the SNP collapse. It seems to me that they have been so successful at being perceived as a left-wing party and attracting Labour voters that they have left a lot of space on the right and alienated right-wing voters... but then why didn't these Scottish right-wingers vote for the Tories in 2015 already? What made them move to the Tories this time?

Cameron being more associated with austerity than May maybe? May vocally buried Thatcherism during the campaign and if I'm right the Tory downfall in Scotland started with Thatcher. Maybe it saved her after all Tongue.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 05:02:38 PM »

Haven't read much about the causes of the SNP collapse. It seems to me that they have been so successful at being perceived as a left-wing party and attracting Labour voters that they have left a lot of space on the right and alienated right-wing voters... but then why didn't these Scottish right-wingers vote for the Tories in 2015 already? What made them move to the Tories this time?

Cameron being more associated with austerity than May maybe? May vocally buried Thatcherism during the campaign and if I'm right the Tory downfall in Scotland started with Thatcher. Maybe it saved her after all Tongue.

You guys are really overestimating how much of an impact May's rhetorical movement to the left on economics had. Just saying...

You're probably right. May burying the legacy of my favorite world leader ever just really pissed me off while actual Britons probably didn't really ncare about it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies