What makes states trend right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:35:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What makes states trend right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What makes states trend right?  (Read 4828 times)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« on: May 27, 2015, 09:38:08 AM »

Look at West Virginia or Kentucky over the last 10 or 20 years.  As for where it could next happen, PA, WI, and MN are top contenders in my mind.  ME could become competitive eventually as well.

What would make these places trend more right, exactly? None of them are like Kentucky or West Virginia.

I ing hate these types of responses, because I'm forced this TRUE albeit lame answer: SOMETHING will cause SOMEWHERE to trend right.  You're being naive if you think every state is at least kind of on its way to becoming a blue state the "cooler" it becomes.  Voters will react and react differently by the decade.  Bush 41 won suburbanites by landslides in '88.  Now they're a swing group.  Rural Southerners were a swing group for a few cycles, now they're solidly Republican.

The current EC map won't last forever, and I'll be shocked if it lasts past 2028.  Something big will happen to spark a change.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 11:44:28 AM »

New Hampshire and Maine aren't becoming pure tossups, neither is Minnesota. Utah and the South Central US aren't going to slip to lean Republican, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin aren't going to become lean Republican from lean Democrat, Ohio isn't going solid Republican, and South Carolina isn't becoming a tossup.

Yeah, nothing will change except for Democrats will continue to improve in previously Republican states while holding their current states rock-solid.

Got it, thanks.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:30:50 AM »

Dude, Minnesota's suburbs are not trending right.

We have like two GOP members who is in the suburbs. There used to be a lot more.

Twin Cities suburbanites are among the richest and best-educated in the country, you think they are attracted to the knuckle-dragging hillbillies from the south?

The "new" GOP has utterly repulsed Minnesotans.

The TC suburbs are the most Republican part of your state, doofus.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies