Trump doubles down on nuke comment: "let it be an arms race"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:53:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump doubles down on nuke comment: "let it be an arms race"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump doubles down on nuke comment: "let it be an arms race"  (Read 1091 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 10:02:34 PM »

I do think Trump is all bluster, but hopefully for the sake of world peace, the secret service takes his twitter away.

Trump is 90% hot air as you say. His ability to change the media focus when he has real issues put against him is extraordinary.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 10:37:03 PM »

I wonder if part of the reason for this bellicose cold-war rhetoric is to counter the narrative that he is some kind of Russian puppet.  It's all just for show. 

Seems quite likely, and appropriate to his idea of subtlety.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2016, 10:47:48 PM »

I do think Trump is all bluster, but hopefully for the sake of world peace, the secret service takes his twitter away.

Trump is 90% hot air as you say. His ability to change the media focus when he has real issues put against him is extraordinary.

This doesn't sound like a very good trait to have if you use it for negative purposes, such as to avoid being scrutinized for the stupid stuff one says, does or thinks.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2016, 11:23:02 PM »

there is no focus change at all....everyone should know about the real issues even whil i think trump himself doesn't care much.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2016, 11:41:21 PM »

there is no focus change at all....everyone should know about the real issues even whil i think trump himself doesn't care much.

The media doesn't care much. They've abandoned their public duty as the Fourth Estate in pursuit of nothing but eyeballs and dollars.

Outrage and strong emotional controversy lead over "real" news. As President-elect, the only real stories about him are:

-isn't really interested in the job
-uses objectively bad criteria for picking unqualified subordinates

Trump is going to spend the next four years having how BAD he is at being President hid behind how DEPLORABLE his Presidency is.

Heck, that's a mistake Clinton's team made. I've been making it. They should have spent the entire race pointing out that he was *incompetent* instead of *evil*.

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2016, 10:40:01 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2016, 09:09:40 AM by Meclazine »

This doesn't sound like a very good trait to have if you use it for negative purposes, such as to avoid being scrutinized for the stupid stuff one says, does or thinks.

I think being able to outsmart the media is a completely necessary trait in 2017.

Trump just says "Media crap" and everyone buys it regardless of the truth.

Why?

Because most people are now aware how fake news actually is. CNN. FOX. They are merely puppet-ed infotainment, at best. So Trump calls each media story "lies" and people agree. Trump is their insider in the system they dont trust.

Donald knows all news is fake.

Checkout the Pakistani foreign minister threatening Israel on Twitter.

http://www.watoday.com.au/world/fake-news-prompts-pakistani-nuclear-threat-aimed-at-israel-20161225-gthq1s.html

Twitter is going to start a nuclear war regardless of Trump.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies