When will Tennessee become competitive?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:15:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will Tennessee become competitive?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: When will Tennessee become competitive?  (Read 8644 times)
bobloblaw
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2015, 03:59:01 PM »

Thse threds always have a theme: Which RED state will soon be BLUE? It is always never the oppositie question.

The reason is liberals cant stand any opposition to their vision of utopia. They also think that demographics ALONE will guarantee them a permanent majority that withstands any and all recessions, scandals and foreign policy failures. Sort of like turning the USA into a bigger version of South Africa with the Dem party playing the role of the ANC. This to the left is utopia. What liberals ultimately want is a one party state where elections are irrelvant.

That is why we get this inane threads.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »

Thse threds always have a theme: Which RED state will soon be BLUE? It is always never the oppositie question.

That's because Republican ideas are being more and more unpopular.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2015, 11:16:03 PM »

If people think that TN becoming "less rural" will help Democrats, I think they're going to be disappointed.  My best friend from high school goes to Vanderbilt for law school, and my cousin is an undergraduate at Vanderbilt ... the Nashville area likes its fiscal conservatism, and most people there see it as working for the state.  Rural voters, the educated, the wealthy, men, women ... they're all significantly more Republican than their counterparts in most other areas.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2015, 11:19:16 PM »

If people think that TN becoming "less rural" will help Democrats, I think they're going to be disappointed.  My best friend from high school goes to Vanderbilt for law school, and my cousin is an undergraduate at Vanderbilt ... the Nashville area likes its fiscal conservatism, and most people there see it as working for the state.

This sounds pretty anecdotal. I remember in the 1990s and 2000s, all the pundits kept talking about how "people" saw fiscal conservatism as working for America. But then the bottom dropped out in the late 2000s, and nobody really supported it anymore.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2015, 02:11:55 AM »

If people think that TN becoming "less rural" will help Democrats, I think they're going to be disappointed.  My best friend from high school goes to Vanderbilt for law school, and my cousin is an undergraduate at Vanderbilt ... the Nashville area likes its fiscal conservatism, and most people there see it as working for the state.

This sounds pretty anecdotal. I remember in the 1990s and 2000s, all the pundits kept talking about how "people" saw fiscal conservatism as working for America. But then the bottom dropped out in the late 2000s, and nobody really supported it anymore.

The 2006 midterms weren't won by the Dems because of economic issues, they were because of the Iraq War.
bobloblaw
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 06:20:28 PM »

Which is why the GOP has more elected officials right now than anytime since 1928.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2015, 05:38:46 PM »

Which is why the GOP has more elected officials right now than anytime since 1928.

Yeah, because the ability to gerrymander the hell out of the country from one irrational backlash at just the right time in 2010 and then subsequently win with record-low turnout = popularity.
bobloblaw
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2015, 01:23:34 PM »

Yeah, because the ability to gerrymander the hell out of the country from one irrational backlash at just the right time in 2010 and then subsequently win with record-low turnout = popularity.

You cant Gerrymander the Senate or the Governorships. Also the GOP defeat the Dems 51-45 in the national popular vote for House in 2014.

You libs new talking point is that turnout was low. But you dont ask yourself why your side didnt turn out. Not voting is a vote of no confidence. And a lot of people on your side lost confidence in Obama leading up to Nov 2014.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies