Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:44:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes  (Read 142125 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: October 31, 2017, 05:30:29 PM »

I believe that 'every working man and woman should have the vote' should mean that those who are retired should be excused from the right to vote. If not for general elections that are cyclical, then for referenda and plebiscites.

If your religious belief forces you to disown a gay child for your own soul, or make you think you can speak in tongues, or think people are possessed or any sh-t like that then it's not a religious belief but a mental condition that requires an intervention.

Freedom of speech while good in principle actually equates to 'freedom for those who have power/influence' or just can shout over other people. People who are quiet, reserved, in the minority or not in any positions of power have no free speech and can only have 'free speech' if that arena is regulated.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 04:28:53 PM »

Jeremy Corbyn is as trashy a populist as Donald Trump. His supporters are equally as deluded.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 02:25:21 PM »

The lack of legal protections of the rights of children to live independently from the religion of their parents is a one of the most serious moral shortcomings of society as it currently exists.

I agree in that a parent does not have the right to make medical decisions based on the religion they have assumed for their child. I'm happy to extend that to non-religious belief systems too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies