US Postmaster General: US Postal Service Needs Bailout (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:33:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  US Postmaster General: US Postal Service Needs Bailout (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US Postmaster General: US Postal Service Needs Bailout  (Read 975 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: March 25, 2009, 08:31:54 PM »

You know what this means?

It means we are missing out. This is what we should do:

1) Give all Atlas forum members a promised bonus.

2) Tell everyone that we are too big to fail.

3) Say "We are on the verge of failing."

4) Demand a trillion dollar bailout (or at least 700 billion).

5) Pay off the media.

Anything I'm missing?

Perhaps you're right.  We'll just let them all fail.  That'll show them.  Unfortunately, it'll probably show you, too.. and you being a libertarian and all... probably wouldn't like that.  No amount of guns will protect you from abject poverty.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 06:13:21 PM »

You know what this means?

It means we are missing out. This is what we should do:

1) Give all Atlas forum members a promised bonus.

2) Tell everyone that we are too big to fail.

3) Say "We are on the verge of failing."

4) Demand a trillion dollar bailout (or at least 700 billion).

5) Pay off the media.

Anything I'm missing?

Perhaps you're right.  We'll just let them all fail.  That'll show them.  Unfortunately, it'll probably show you, too.. and you being a libertarian and all... probably wouldn't like that.  No amount of guns will protect you from abject poverty.

It sounds like you are game with everything.

It's a good thing you want future generations to fail. There is no need to be selfless about these things.

No, I just think it's ridiculous that you're trying to compare the financial woes of the U.S. postal service to those of the banks.

I'm sure you've concocted some plan for a perfect utopian private postal service where the postal workers are overjoyed to work more for significantly less money and everything is perfectly efficient and profitable... where people living in rural Alaska finally pay the real price for their mail delivery...

But sometimes you must realize that your tax dollars aren't any more worthy than anybody elses and sometimes we just have to buck up and pay for things we don't like... like a delivered-rain-or-shine 6 days of the week uniform postal service.

It is these consistent services provided by the government in good times *and* bad that keep our country from completely collapsing.

If I've completely misjudged you, I apologize... I just got really irked by some knuckle dragger that called deploying the National Guard for flood relief efforts in Fargo "Welfare" and the unwise usage of *HIS* tax dollar... and that the people there deserve what they're getting for having no common sense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies