Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) vs. Rick Santorum (R-PA) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:11:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) vs. Rick Santorum (R-PA) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) vs. Rick Santorum (R-PA)  (Read 3525 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 10, 2012, 03:27:02 PM »

The polls show that people continue to move forward on social issues that Santorum is still pretty radical on; I can't imagine he would win unless the economy was really in trouble. I certainly don't think he could carry PA.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 04:01:45 PM »

He's not my favorite, but I actually like the guy, and would definitely give him a vote if it came down to it. I was happy to get the chance to see him in Charleston during the primary, even though I didn't vote for him.

The polls show that people continue to move forward on social issues that Santorum is still pretty radical on; I can't imagine he would win unless the economy was really in trouble. I certainly don't think he could carry PA.

Santorum does not have radically different social views than other Republicans, he just likes to talk about them more.
And that won't fly in national election in 2016. His little missteps like his "dog" comments on homosexuals will be huge fodder on the national stage, especially in 4 more years. We all saw this year what far social conservatives talking too much does to a man's chance of winning. He would have to keep his trap shut for sure, as he would already be battling the old comments.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies