ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:37:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 77441 times)
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« on: October 07, 2020, 06:41:10 PM »

Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 09:40:45 PM »

ME is a great example of local politics at its best... I’ll be near to see if it puts Susan over the edge though. If it weren’t for McConnel and the senate majority, I could see the argument one could have for voting for her.

What argument would you say there is?

While I respectfully disagree with her strongly on a lot, and have been troubled by her votes on Kavanaugh and impeachment, she did save the ACA, which automatically makes her better than Gideon. The rise of national politics really troubles me as people no longer work for the people that they represent, but instead fear a tweet by the president, and as we well know, a tweet can kill.

Do you think Gideon would have voted to repeal the ACA?
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 09:43:29 PM »

ME is a great example of local politics at its best... I’ll be near to see if it puts Susan over the edge though. If it weren’t for McConnel and the senate majority, I could see the argument one could have for voting for her.

While I respectfully disagree with her strongly on a lot, and have been troubled by her votes on Kavanaugh and impeachment, she did save the ACA, which automatically makes her better than Gideon. The rise of national politics really troubles me as people no longer work for the people that they represent, but instead fear a tweet by the president, and as we well know, a tweet can kill.

Well I think both sides would’ve voted for the ACA.

I don't see how that "automatically makes her better than Gideon."
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 09:49:54 PM »

Well I think both sides would’ve voted for the ACA.

I don't see how that "automatically makes her better than Gideon."

Well that really troubles me.

You know what would have really kept the ACA safe?  Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer.  Too bad Susan Collins was, and always will be, a vote for Leader McConnell. 
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 11:45:32 AM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies