I step down. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 06:22:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I step down. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I step down.  (Read 7540 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: June 30, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »

This really does upset me, and I don't appreciate being fooled like this. I regret having voted for you.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 05:34:45 PM »

Kind of funny that it makes so much sense after you're told about it.

The language and spelling problems should have sounded an alarm....
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 05:38:34 PM »

Out of curiosity...why didn't Josh just remain "Dan" and accept his Senate seat?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 08:59:23 AM »

Wouldn't the deletion of his voter registration eliminate his "existence" in Atlasia, meaning that he wouldn't have any primary identity?

I'd personally lean towards saying it's not voter fraud.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 11:17:20 AM »

Wouldn't the deletion of his voter registration eliminate his "existence" in Atlasia, meaning that he wouldn't have any primary identity?

I'm not sure if a judicial or legislative determination has ever been made on whether removal from the voter roll extinguishes existence.
(If it was deemed to do so, then that, in and of itself, would seem to present a loophole for any and all persons charged of an offence in Atlasia - simply deregister and avoid trial and punishment.)

That's a fair point.

But do we have anything other than voter registration to determine citizenship/existence in Atlasia?

Is Mint guilty of voter fraud because he used to be NDN? (assuming he was registered under that name at any time....I'm not sure), but let's just assume he was.

I would interpret voter fraud to mean an attempt to actually gain some benefit by having control over more than one vote....such as Ben's usage of "The Populist", but as Josh clearly stopped posting under his original account and switched entirely to Dan, his intent is not likely to be fraud. Of course....his intent isn't relevant, I know that. If your interpretation of the law is correct, than he should certainly be convicted.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 11:45:25 AM »

I'm not sure I understand the question, can you clarify?

Never mind. My mistake...I thought for some absurd reason that NDN might be a registered voter...Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies