Attention Governors: An Amendment has Passed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:38:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Attention Governors: An Amendment has Passed
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attention Governors: An Amendment has Passed  (Read 1389 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2009, 01:10:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:44:02 AM »

They seem to be ignoring this, unless their law is to open the booth on a certain day.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 06:51:48 PM »

I really hope citizens vote in favor of this amendment. It's a very sensible amendment to make sure we have more intelligent and active citizens.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 08:19:18 PM »

I would ask AIAL to push this if they could. It is right up their alley.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 08:28:08 PM »

They seem to be ignoring this, unless their law is to open the booth on a certain day.
That's what I'm wondering. Hopefully, the Mideast opens up soon.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 08:31:50 PM »

Just opened it - sorry guys, I was gone all yesterday - haven't had to work on a Sunday in a while.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 08:33:14 PM »

Just opened it - sorry guys, I was gone all yesterday - haven't had to work on a Sunday in a while.
Smiley
It's fine. You beat most Governors, Governor.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 08:38:42 PM »

Smiley

Is there a reason you voted against it or is it simply because you want to keep being the newbie pimp?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 08:43:09 PM »

Smiley

Is there a reason you voted against it or is it simply because you want to keep being the newbie pimp?
Haha
I really like this amendment, but I think you should be required to have more posts to be qualified for Senator and President (300 & 750) and I disagree with the length. I mean, basically, someone who has been very active for several months, and is well known won't be able to run, but a "zombie voter" who rarely posts here is allowed.  Though it would be difficult, it would be great if you had to have a certain amount of posts in the Atlas Fantasy Election boards. Maybe, like, 250 for President, and 100 for Senator. I would also like the 15 days to be decreased to 2 weeks.

If anything, I think what I support would make it harder for newbies to run for office.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 08:47:59 PM »

Smiley

Haha
I really like this amendment, but I think you should be required to have more posts to be qualified for Senator and President (300 & 750) and I disagree with the length. I mean, basically, someone who has been very active for several months, and is well known won't be able to run, but a "zombie voter" who rarely posts here is allowed.  Though it would be difficult, it would be great if you had to have a certain amount of posts in the Atlas Fantasy Election boards. Maybe, like, 250 for President, and 100 for Senator. I would also like the 15 days to be decreased to 2 weeks.

If anything, I think what I support would make it harder for newbies to run for office.

Do you even know what the hell you're talking about? This amendment mandates you have to be here for a certain amount of time, modestly increases the voting eligibility requirements, and implements a time constraint on people running for important federal office. If you support s**t like that then you should've voted in favor of it, not turned into some sort of behind-the-scenes shadow opposition, "informing" people to vote against it who don't know what the f**k is going on in Atlasia in the first place.

Get a freaking clue, you're opposing this and it's obvious why.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 08:52:18 PM »

Smiley

Haha

Do you even know what the hell you're talking about? This amendment mandates you have to be here for a certain amount of time, modestly increases the voting eligibility requirements, and implements a time constraint on people running for important federal office. If you support s**t like that then you should've voted in favor of it, not turned into some sort of behind-the-scenes shadow opposition, "informing" people to vote against it who don't know what the f**k is going on in Atlasia in the first place.

Get a freaking clue, you're opposing this and it's obvious why.
I think the amendment is fine, but I think there could be improvements to it. I'm not necessisarily "against" it. I just don't want to vote for it. I think it's more important that the user has been posting, and is known, rather than how much time they've been registered.

Oh? I have no problem with increasing the time needed before you can register. In fact, I support it. I would vote for #2 if that is all there was.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 08:54:55 PM »

You were more than welcome to participate in the Senate debate and in Ben's PAC thread. But you didn't. If you like some of them improvements then you should've voted for it.

You are, hands down, one of the most two-faced people in Atlasia. You talk nice and act like you give a damn, but you're always working behind the scenes with the know-nothings to achieve your own objectives, and you have no qualms with back-stabbing when it suits your goals.

This is sickening.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 08:59:21 PM »

You were more than welcome to participate in the Senate debate and in Ben's PAC thread. But you didn't. If you like some of them improvements then you should've voted for it.

You are, hands down, one of the most two-faced people in Atlasia. You talk nice and act like you give a damn, but you're always working behind the scenes with the know-nothings to achieve your own objectives, and you have no qualms with back-stabbing when it suits your goals.

This is sickening.
I apologize. I should have been involved in the Senate debate. I wasn't. If this fails, and a new one is proposed, I will certainly debate it.

I do care about Atlasia, but not to the point where I'm going to go beserk if someone doesn't vote how I want them to.
Everyone is important in Atlasia. Yes, I will tell my friends how I feel about the bill, and of course I'm going to encourage them to vote how I vote. You probably do that too.
So, I'm backstabbing you by opposing this amendment, and encouraging others to vote against it?
Interesting...
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 09:00:45 PM »

I'm not petty enough to go spam people with mass-PM blitzes over a Constitutional Amendment.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 09:02:24 PM »

I'm not petty enough to go spam people with mass-PM blitzes over a Constitutional Amendment.
Okay, good for you.
I've messaged 2 people. 2.... :/
 The insults you have thrown out at me tonight have been very hateful, and it's all because I'm not voting how you wanted me to.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 09:05:59 PM »

So Bayh, you oppose this amendment because it doesn't go far enough? We tried to strike a balance here that allows relatively new members to join and vote and run. We don't want to be some exclusive, aging club. You will lose the interest of the newer members if you do that.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 09:11:05 PM »

So Bayh, you oppose this amendment because it doesn't go far enough? We tried to strike a balance here that allows relatively new members to join and vote and run. We don't want to be some exclusive, aging club. You will lose the interest of the newer members if you do that.
I wish that you wouldn't have to wait as long to run for office, but need to have more posts. That would be beneficial to the new, active members, because they wouldn't have to wait as long. If you're active, you'd get 300 posts in no time. But, if they had to wait, 2 months to run for Senate, even though they had enough posts after the first couple of weeks, they will lose interest, no doubt.
I hope you understand what I mean. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 09:18:21 PM »

I wish that you wouldn't have to wait as long to run for office, but need to have more posts. That would be beneficial to the new, active members, because they wouldn't have to wait as long. If you're active, you'd get 300 posts in no time. But, if they had to wait, 2 months to run for Senate, even though they had enough posts after the first couple of weeks, they will lose interest, no doubt.
I hope you understand what I mean. Wink

I am less supportive of the limits for office holding, but it was part of a compromise. You need to be able to win some and lose some to make progress.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »

This is sickening.

Exactly.  Most of the early debate on the Amendment involved me, Purple State, and Marokai trying to work out a passable Amendment, and Marokai and Purple State succeeded brilliantly.  During that debate we discussed posting requirements and time requirements.  I posted the text of the Amendment in the AIAL thread before the Senate voted.  If you had seen something there that you didn't feel went far enough, you could've raised an objection.  You didn't object, you just waited until the Amendment went to the Regions, and then voted against it.

So, I'm backstabbing you by opposing this amendment, and encouraging others to vote against it?
Interesting...

Damn right you are.  You are a member of the AIAL, and this Amendment was not only endorsed by the AIAL, but the Chairman of the AIAL worked closely with the Senate writing this Amendment, and then penned an endorsement in the AIAL thread.  During that whole time, you never said any word of disagreement; you just let the Amendment go through.  It's very disappointing.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 10:30:12 PM »

Catmusic is back? Or just to vote against a progressive amendment as a newbie zombie?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 08:31:10 AM »

Catmusic is back? Or just to vote against a progressive amendment as a newbie zombie?
Actually, I don't think it would affect him at all...

This is sickening.

Exactly.  Most of the early debate on the Amendment involved me, Purple State, and Marokai trying to work out a passable Amendment, and Marokai and Purple State succeeded brilliantly.  During that debate we discussed posting requirements and time requirements.  I posted the text of the Amendment in the AIAL thread before the Senate voted.  If you had seen something there that you didn't feel went far enough, you could've raised an objection.  You didn't object, you just waited until the Amendment went to the Regions, and then voted against it.

Interesting...

Damn right you are.   You are a member of the AIAL, and this Amendment was not only endorsed by the AIAL, but the Chairman of the AIAL worked closely with the Senate writing this Amendment, and then penned an endorsement in the AIAL thread.  During that whole time, you never said any word of disagreement; you just let the Amendment go through.  It's very disappointing.
lol
So anytime you vote against "your party" you are backstabbing? Well, then I guess anyone who hasn't voted with their party 100% is considered a backstabber. While I normally would support stuff of the AIAL, I disagree with this, and I'm not going to vote for something I disagree with.
Once again, I apologize for not being in the Senate activity. At least I'm saying something now though, and not waiting until it gets passed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 08:33:47 AM »

Also, Mr. Ben, I had already voted for the bill when you posted in the AIAL thread, endorsing the amendment. So since the group technically didn't have a position in it, I'm not backstabbing the group.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 04:35:06 PM »

This is sickening.

Not me anymore? Sad Sad Sad
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies