Active Shooter Situation at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:02:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Active Shooter Situation at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Active Shooter Situation at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas  (Read 10941 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 02, 2017, 06:45:04 AM »

Could you please not do this right now?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 07:24:23 AM »

How many times do I have to hear this before something actually gets done? No, I'm not going to stand down on this. Another 50+ Americans are dead because we as a country have decided that guns are more important than human life. I don't say that with a smile on my face. I say that with fright and anger.

There’s a time and a place for everything, my friend. Within the first few hours after a tragedy isn’t it.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 11:25:33 AM »

That's the problem. It's a political issue because there's little support for mental health care and even less for gun control (not elimination) from the present administration. I loathe how it's somehow viewed as good to not politicize something that is, at its core, very much political. It's another way of saying: "we don't want to deal with this."

Just to be clear, I wasn’t saying we shouldn’t politicize this as a way of addressing the very real and very important issue of easy access to guns in America, only that the first hours after a tragedy isn’t the best time for that debate. At least wait 24 hours or something; that only seems decent, in my opinion.

LVMPD reiterates that there is no apparent connection to international terrorism with respect to the ISIS statement

Honestly, I’m quite curious to see what his motivations were because there’s no strong indication at this point. I mean, targeting a country music concert could, arguably, be a way of attacking a conservative demographic, but there’s no evidence to substantiate that speculation. Regardless of the motivation though, this was a sad act of domestic terrorism.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 01:08:25 PM »

IIRC, the single unifying factor of every mass shooting since Columbine is that all have been perpetrated by men. San Bernardino was the only one in which a woman was involved at all.

It's called toxic masculinity.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 04:31:25 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2017, 04:35:03 PM by Jacobin American »

What a legend. Didn’t even put down his canned beer.

1. I hope this man lived
2. Somebody needs to interview him
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 04:35:41 PM »

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 05:08:29 AM »

There's a lot of possible evidence seemingly pointing to it being a left-winger. His attack on a country music festival, ISIS claiming responsibility, the ANTIFA literature in his room. Nothing's been confirmed yet but nothing discredited either.

ISIS and Anti-Fa! Working together!

Sounds totally plausible and not at all like you are on f**king meth.

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 05:24:34 AM »

There's a lot of possible evidence seemingly pointing to it being a left-winger. His attack on a country music festival, ISIS claiming responsibility, the ANTIFA literature in his room. Nothing's been confirmed yet but nothing discredited either.

What the hell do ISIS and Antifa have in common, and how is ISIS any way left wing?

Obviously, Antifa and ISIS are united in their opposition to American imperial hegemony. Duh.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies