No Southerners in Obama's Cabinet (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:12:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  No Southerners in Obama's Cabinet (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No Southerners in Obama's Cabinet  (Read 24940 times)
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« on: December 16, 2008, 08:08:56 AM »

I wouldn't know where to begin addressing the wave of utter ignorance in this thread. That is, in reference to how the American South should be "punished" or something along those lines. These two or three posters clearly have nothing more than a skin deep acquaintance with history. The whole mantra of "the civil war is over" cuts both ways.

If you think it was only about slavery or any other single issue, I'd direct you to your local library. Of course, assuming one who makes such claims gives a damn about facts or dispelling preconceived notions. Regardless, those who characterize an entire group/region with blanket statements, have already proven that ignorance knows no regional boundary or past precedent.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:02:07 AM »

Obama didnt kick ass because the South decided to drop its history of racism and bigotry, he won in spite of it my friends. Just because Obama won doesnt mean the South can be let off the hook for its 40 year reign of terror over the American people.

40 years? should be about...220 by your standards
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies