538 On the Cell Effect (We keep hitting controversial polling topics, haha) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:13:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  538 On the Cell Effect (We keep hitting controversial polling topics, haha) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 538 On the Cell Effect (We keep hitting controversial polling topics, haha)  (Read 5496 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: September 21, 2008, 04:55:10 PM »

The cell phone effect doesn't happen mainly because the difference in voting between landline youngs and cell phone youngs is minimal. It's not as if only conservative younguns have landlines and only liberals have cell phones. It just depends from person to person and I doubt it is political.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 05:05:12 PM »

The cell phone effect doesn't happen mainly because the difference in voting between landline youngs and cell phone youngs is minimal. It's not as if only conservative younguns have landlines and only liberals have cell phones. It just depends from person to person and I doubt it is political.

But it results in the young vote being undersampled.

I don't really see the young vote being undersampled. Most voters make sure they have an appropriate amount of youngs in their sample. The real question is whether landline youngs vote differently than cell phone youngs. I say the answer is no.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 05:19:40 PM »

But it results in the young vote being undersampled.

I don't really see the young vote being undersampled. Most voters make sure they have an appropriate amount of youngs in their sample. The real question is whether landline youngs vote differently than cell phone youngs. I say the answer is no.

Please don't use "youngs". We already have a word, "youth", which conveys exactly what this opeboism purports to mean.

Haha aite.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies