Opinion of ironic TRUMP supporters?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:55:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of ironic TRUMP supporters?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ?
Freedoms fighters

Horrible people

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: Opinion of ironic TRUMP supporters?  (Read 3142 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2016, 12:15:17 PM »
« edited: January 31, 2016, 12:18:16 PM by Lief 🐋 »

The problem is that you've got a bunch of effete liberal elitists (I don't want to single out Antonio here, so I'm not going to) who pretend to deeply care about the working class but sneeringly look down on any of them that express their despair with the economic system in any way other than supporting far-left lunatics like Bernie Sanders. Are a lot of their sentiments horrible and offensive? Yes, of course. But most of these people are confused and scared and trying to grapple with forces far outside of their control and understanding. Rather than attacking them, saying they need to rounded up and put into camps, it's important to understand them and respect them as human-beings.

But instead of talking to these people about the issues they care about, the far left engages in neo-anti-Semitic diatribes about the evils of WALL STREET, while simultaneously patting themselves on the back for how ENLIGHTENED they are. It's bizarre, because so many of these folks play up the idea that the white working class is voting against their interests. And now, for the first time in years, the white working class is recognizing this, rejecting the bloodsucking GOP establishment, and supporting someone who is actually promising to protect their interests. And the left elite throws a fit because they're supporting the wrong populist demagogue running a racially exclusionary campaign!!

Very sad.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2016, 12:23:11 PM »

The Presidential race has had f-ck all to do with politics for the past 100 years. This shouldn't be news to anyone.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2016, 12:26:00 PM »

But instead of talking to these people about the issues they care about, the far left engages in neo-anti-Semitic diatribes about the evils of WALL STREET, while simultaneously patting themselves on the back for how ENLIGHTENED they are. It's bizarre, because so many of these folks play up the idea that the white working class is voting against their interests. And now, for the first time in years, the white working class is recognizing this, rejecting the bloodsucking GOP establishment, and supporting someone who is actually promising to protect their interests. And the left elite throws a fit because they're supporting the wrong populist demagogue!!

I hate to go off-topic, so I'm going to go off-topic: Has Trump actually made any economic proposals radically different from the establishment? His tax plan is just as destructive and deporting illegals / 'better deals' isn't really going to do it.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2016, 12:29:44 PM »

The problem is that you've got a bunch of effete liberal elitists (I don't want to single out Antonio here, so I'm not going to) who pretend to deeply care about the working class but sneeringly look down on any of them that express their despair with the economic system in any way other than supporting far-left lunatics like Bernie Sanders. Are a lot of their sentiments horrible and offensive? Yes, of course. But most of these people are confused and scared and trying to grapple with forces far outside of their control and understanding. Rather than attacking them, saying they need to rounded up and put into camps, it's important to understand them and respect them as human-beings.

But instead of talking to these people about the issues they care about, the far left engages in neo-anti-Semitic diatribes about the evils of WALL STREET, while simultaneously patting themselves on the back for how ENLIGHTENED they are. It's bizarre, because so many of these folks play up the idea that the white working class is voting against their interests. And now, for the first time in years, the white working class is recognizing this, rejecting the bloodsucking GOP establishment, and supporting someone who is actually promising to protect their interests. And the left elite throws a fit because they're supporting the wrong populist demagogue running a racially exclusionary campaign!!

Very sad.

Great post.

The thing to remember here is that when the liberal elite sneer at people "voting against their own interests!" they mean "your interests as defined by me". It's uncomfortable for them to think that working class people might have priorities other than establishing genderfluid communism in one country or whatever.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2016, 12:29:59 PM »

I hate to go off-topic, so I'm going to go off-topic: Has Trump actually made any economic proposals radically different from the establishment? His tax plan is just as destructive and deporting illegals / 'better deals' isn't really going to do it.

Just off the top of my head, he supports universal healthcare, opposes "free" trade, and has advocated for various public works projects.  
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2016, 02:47:19 PM »

Pretty sure I never said anything about "voting against someone's interests", but nice strawman anyway.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2016, 06:15:04 PM »

Pretty sure I never said anything about "voting against someone's interests", but nice strawman anyway.
You've been pretty good in the department, and if you have ever made a comment like that, I'd probably remember it Tongue. Some other posters, meanwhile....
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2016, 06:27:53 PM »

Very sad.

This explains perfectly why I become deeply offended when someone calls me a 'liberal'.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2016, 12:38:37 PM »

Just as bad as actual Trump supporters.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies