Plea to the President

<< < (2/6) > >>

A18:
If it was repassed, it would be constitutional. The point is that it was not constitutional after the first limitation on federal power, thus making the law dead.

KEmperor:
Quote from: Senator Supersoulty on April 26, 2005, 09:41:23 PM

Quote from: AFCJ KEmperor on April 26, 2005, 09:37:41 PM

A bit premature, I ask you let the Court do it's work first please.  Should the Governor refuse to comply to the Court's order, then you would be correct in taking these steps.

The Honorable Governor knows fullwell the implications of the Federal Law.  He has choosen to defy those implications.  If you ask me, he has made his statement, and is not likely to back down, regardless of the ruling of the court.

Why waste time in delaying the justice and rights afforded to the citizens of Atlasia?

We must work within the system Super.  I'm afraid that takes time.

John Dibble:
Quote from: A18 on April 26, 2005, 09:43:10 PM

If it was repassed, it would be constitutional. The point is that it was not constitutional after the first limitation on federal power, thus making the law dead.

If it is indeed unconstituational, then he should have brought the issue before the Supreme Court in the first place. Instead, he took unilateral executive action.

12th Doctor:
Quote from: AFCJ KEmperor on April 26, 2005, 09:43:31 PM

Quote from: Senator Supersoulty on April 26, 2005, 09:41:23 PM

Quote from: AFCJ KEmperor on April 26, 2005, 09:37:41 PM

A bit premature, I ask you let the Court do it's work first please.  Should the Governor refuse to comply to the Court's order, then you would be correct in taking these steps.

The Honorable Governor knows fullwell the implications of the Federal Law.  He has choosen to defy those implications.  If you ask me, he has made his statement, and is not likely to back down, regardless of the ruling of the court.

Why waste time in delaying the justice and rights afforded to the citizens of Atlasia?

We must work within the system Super.  I'm afraid that takes time.

I feel that using the instruments that we have established to defend liberty at home and abroad is always well with in the Democratic system.  A system and process that the Governor obviously does not respect.

A18:
Quote from: Justice John Dibble on April 26, 2005, 09:45:47 PM

If it is indeed unconstituational, then he should have brought the issue before the Supreme Court

James Madison and Thomas Jefferson might disagree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page