CA-Gov: Schwarzenegger Falling and Retreating... (re-elect and approval #'s) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:53:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-Gov: Schwarzenegger Falling and Retreating... (re-elect and approval #'s) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-Gov: Schwarzenegger Falling and Retreating... (re-elect and approval #'s)  (Read 3833 times)
tinman64

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.57

P P
« on: April 29, 2005, 12:53:21 PM »

Ahnold is finding his "Governator" pose is wearing thin with Californians.  We want action, not sound bites.

Last week, he had to apologize for his comment about closing the Mexican border.  He claimed later he meant restricting the border, and blamed his poor English for the miswording.  Come on, the man has spoken English for over thirty years!!

I know of three staunch Ahnold supporters from the '03 special election that won't vote for him in '06. 
tinman64

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.57

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 03:14:55 PM »

Floor, I agree, Ahnold is the only CA Rep who can get elected statewide...at this time.  I believe Tom McClintock is running for LT Governor in '06, and he put up a good showing in the recall election.  He could make it, although he may be too conservative for many CA voters in the LA and SF areas.

Ahnold has the money and name advantage, but Angelides is no slouch -- he's been elected statewide twice, and is a proven money raiser.  All Ahnold has to do is insert his foot into his big mouth a few more times, and he is in deep trouble.  He also has a not-so-great record, and his honeymoon ended months ago.  Plus, teachers and unions are upset with him -- two groups you don't want to get teed off.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies