Is feminism the solution to what MRAs often complain about? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:57:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is feminism the solution to what MRAs often complain about? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is feminism the solution to what MRAs often complain about?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Is feminism the solution to what MRAs often complain about?  (Read 8385 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 17, 2015, 10:14:02 AM »

It's not the only solution, nor should it be the first.

The first solution is for men to stop being silent and/or actively exploiting the patriarchal gender roles for gain and take the lead (and get beyond the superficial noise of "MRA's")

It's not THE solution, but it is A solution, and an important one.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 01:04:41 PM »

A forum with very few women is predictably awful when it comes to this topic.

This. Very much this. That we have posts saying anything but yes is incredibly disturbing.

This forum has incredibly warped and misguided perceptions on what the central tenants of feminism actually are. The reasonable issues that MRAs complain about are covered by feminism.

Not all of them, many certainly (thanks to crossover support or parallels [objectification is an excellent example of a parallel]), but definitely not all of them. And nor can it be that way. To expect that would be to expect MRA's to have all the solutions to issues women face (appallingly, one can find a lot of those egomaniacal ones that actually think they do Tongue), to expect one minority to speak for all minorities, when in fact there are clashes at times.

And even if they did, as any human rights activist can tell you, in a case like this, the main responsibility to get the issues voiced need to lay on the disadvantaged group to lead (in this case men), who gain allies along the way (women and feminists).
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:03:10 PM »

Goodness gracious, atlas really needs to ban discussions about feminism. I really don't know why I allowed myself to get sucked into these threads.

Yeah, this thread is also why we can't have nice things. Other than Marokai's posts, everything about this is bad, bad, and more bad.

Agreed

This thread has been nothing but ignorance, myopia, dismissal, hypocrisy, cognitive dissonance, and in my case, a lack of articulation. The former five make it impossible to actually try and bring up issues. The final only exacerbates the former.

So I'm washing my hands of this, and sighing a breath of relief  should this topic get locked.

But while it still goes, I'm still not touching this thread with a nine-yard stick again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies