CLINTON CLINCHES (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:12:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CLINTON CLINCHES (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CLINTON CLINCHES  (Read 6051 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: June 06, 2016, 08:10:21 PM »

They waited until everyone voted in 2008. Hillary can't win a majority of the pledged delegates without California. The superdelegates haven't voted yet and can change their mind at any moment. Such disrespect to those of us voting tomorrow. Scum.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 08:19:53 PM »

They waited until everyone voted in 2008. Hillary can't win a majority of the pledged delegates without California. The superdelegates haven't voted yet and can change their mind at any moment. Such disrespect to those of us voting tomorrow. Scum.

Roll Eyes

I don't get this line. The pledged delegates haven't voted either, but we count them. They are also (technically) allowed to change their vote.

Huh? Pledged delegates are bound to vote on the first ballot for their candidate.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 08:53:11 PM »

They didn't wait in 2008. Hillary had a lot more superdelegate support in 2008 than Bernie does now, so it had to go all the way until the end.

Obama waited until the last state to announce that he had enough with superdelegates. He didn't need to wait to announce.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 09:02:29 PM »

They didn't wait in 2008. Hillary had a lot more superdelegate support in 2008 than Bernie does now, so it had to go all the way until the end.

Obama waited until the last state to announce that he had enough with superdelegates. He didn't need to wait to announce.

Except Hillary didn't announce this, the AP did. If you can't tell, she wanted to declare victory tomorrow.

She could have told her superdelegates to not declare yet like Obama did.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 09:14:29 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2016, 09:17:02 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Roll Eyes

I don't get this line. The pledged delegates haven't voted either, but we count them. They are also (technically) allowed to change their vote.

Huh? Pledged delegates are bound to vote on the first ballot for their candidate.

"Bound" can be a squishy word, though. It is certainly not illegal to vote contrary to how you are "bound" to vote, and usually delegates are chosen for their blind loyalty much like the electoral college. But just as faithless electors are a thing, you could theoretically have faithless delegates. I don't know if it's ever happened in a meaningful way, though.

Not all Presidential electors are bound, and yet most of the time, 0 out of 538 of those are faithless.

I don't know why the superdelegates didn't have the decency to wait another 26 hours and felt compelled to choose the nominee now. They are total scum of the earth.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 09:19:20 PM »

Except Hillary didn't announce this, the AP did. If you can't tell, she wanted to declare victory tomorrow.

This is one of those situations where neither side is really happy.

No, I think they're hoping that this saves California for Hillary.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 09:58:31 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2016, 10:00:21 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Question to everyone saying "This will depress turnout and Hillary will lose California!"

Is this why Cruz and Kasich have won everything since Indiana?

Wouldn't a lower turnout hurt Bernie anyway? Or so goes the myth, right?

Lower turnout definitely hurts Bernie. Most older people already voted absentee. It's pretty clear that this happened today to lower turnout out, hurting Bernie's odds of winning tomorrow and to minimize the impact of him winning tomorrow. Hopefully it's a pyrrhic victory that pushes Bernie over the edge to go 3rd party.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 10:19:56 PM »

They left out "under FBI investigation" .
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 02:33:39 AM »

F**k man, I was out having a good time and Clinton clinched 24 hours early behind my back?  What's the point?  F**king trolls at AP.  Let the girl have a little fun, don't spoil the greatest moment of her life for a god damn scoop.  What a bunch of dickholes.

Huh? She was obviously in on this scumbag move. She already sent a fundraising e-mail on her "secret win".

https://twitter.com/cbellantoni/status/739994014984736768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 03:58:30 AM »

Do you have any proof besides a random tweet, Jfern? I know your feeble mind is having trouble believing that Bernie Sanders lost, but perhaps you shouldn't get so worked up about this; it's not like he was going to make a miracle comeback in California.

Feeble mind?  I knew it was quite unlikely Bernie would get the nomination. But you just like being an ass.

Here's the LA Times on it.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trailguide-clinton-money-email-uses-images-labeled-1465266744-htmlstory.html
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 05:28:57 AM »

i'd imagine that's something that they'd prepared in advance; like any sensible campaign would - I'm sure that Bernie has something prepared like that if he somehow manages to win 80% of the vote everywhere tonight and get a pledged delegate majority since that's sensible, its always good to be prepared for every eventuality.  Was it a "scumbag move" that Romney had a transition website (and probably more things that we never saw) prepared in advance of the last Presidential election?

Speaking of Romney, he never prepared a concession speech. That kind of kills the argument that every Presidential campaign is prepared for every possibility.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies