DeSantis vs GWB? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:11:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  DeSantis vs GWB? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
DeSantis (D)

DeSantis (R)

DeSantis (I/O)

GWB (D)

GWB (R)

GWB (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: DeSantis vs GWB?  (Read 1528 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: February 02, 2023, 04:11:01 PM »
« edited: February 02, 2023, 04:17:38 PM by Old School Republican »

Do people not remember how right wing on social issues W really was . As governor he enforced anti sodomy laws and people literally were punished under it . George W Bush also actively promoters abstinence only education which DeSantis hasn’t done. I know USGD has made DeSantis out to be this massive right winger on social issues but he is not to the right of W Bush . Even on law and order issues , W was much to his right as well .

On foreign policy , W’s foreign policy was more unilateral than Trump’s let alone what DeSantis’s FP likely would be .

On economics yah DeSantis is to the right of W but he wasn’t on the other two .

George W Bush was definitely a better person and imo he was the best person to be president in over 40 years but politically he was definitely worse from both a left wing perspective(since he was to the right of DeSantis issues wise ) and right wing one (since he was incompetent)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 11:04:22 AM »

Do people not remember how right wing on social issues W really was . As governor he enforced anti sodomy laws and people literally were punished under it . George W Bush also actively promoters abstinence only education which DeSantis hasn’t done.

DeSantis would do the same if he were legally allowed to do it.

Well he still could do the latter but I will admit that abstinence only laws are sadly very unpopular now. Anyway I’d say he’d be more like Jeb on social issues if he was a politician back then so depends on whether or not you considered Jeb less socially conservative than his brother or not .

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies