S.20.2-5: Daylight Savings Time Amendment (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:09:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.2-5: Daylight Savings Time Amendment (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.20.2-5: Daylight Savings Time Amendment (Failed)  (Read 761 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« on: May 01, 2020, 06:47:07 PM »

You can't vote on a bill immediately, you need to open an objection period first

"The presiding officer shall open a vote if no other member of the Chamber of Delegates objects within 24 hours of the call for a vote."

-----from the Rules Package

Suburban New Jerseyan Carpetbagger, how many times do I need to tell you to stick to your own jurisdiction? Are you aware of the following?

Quote from: Section VII: 2
The presiding officer may unilaterally suspend any section of these rules at any time, unless another Delegate objects. If two Delegates object, suspending the rules shall require the consent of a majority of sitting Delegates.
emphasis mine

Votes have been called early before, but as a matter of course general procedure should be followed. As I said voting this early is not be without precedent, as can be seen here. I'm sure most would agree that the current context doesn't warrant such an action at this time.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 09:45:42 PM »

You don't seem sure about that.

This seemed reasonable? A constitutional amendment fails after absolutely no debate or discussion. Today is a sad moment for democracy in The South.
Yeah exactly. I don't quite get not aligning federal elections with regional ones. All it does is  confuse people.

This is one area where it absolutely makes sense to align with the Federal government. Why did this have so little debate? Well there is a stench of carpetbagging as can be seen here:
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 01:32:57 AM »

Tmth, I think it makes sense to have the election times line up. The end user experience for having this pass is in my opinion the main reason that this should have been passed. You and I agree on a number of things and respectfully disagree on a few others. I agree that it is sad that once again we seem to be doomed to having an inactive chamber. However, had a certain individual not suck his unwanted nose in to this esteemed chamber, the deputy may not have started a vote while a delegate was on still on a LOA. Ironically YT was the first to vote. There was no regional Labor presence in this debate other than the Governor who was also the sponsor and none whatsoever in the vote.

The are a number of questions this brings up;
1. Why was there no debate from the chamber on this?
2. Why was there no notification of a vote via DM?
3. Why are all delegates providing a lack of activity in general? (YT on a LoA is understandable)
4. What can be done in the short to medium term to improve activity?
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 09:38:27 PM »

Maybe members should be messaged before a vote, as only two voted.

GO AWAY! Go and do your Job in Your Own Region! Why do you STILL not have a legislation noticeboard for Lincoln? Why don't you go and make that and you know do your job? Do you lack the ability to comprehend the written word? Or the ability to know when your "contributions" are not wanted?

Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 10:01:56 PM »

Indeed and now it looks better Wink

A Better Looking Amendment Tracker
L 7:01 to L.C. 6.19 - S019 (Added to Bill)
L 7:02 to L.C. 6.22 - S019 on Behalf of the Governor (Added to Bill)
L 7:03 to L.C. 7.5   - S019 (Rejected)
L 7:04 to L.C. 7.4   - gracile (Added to Bill)
L 7:05 to L.C. 7.4   - S019 (Added to Bill)
L 7:06 to L.C. 7.4   - S019 (Added to Bill)
L 7:07 to L.C. 7.6   - S019 (Added to Bill)
L 7:08 to L.C. 7.4   - S019 (Added to Bill)
L 7:09 to L.C. 7.6   - S019 (Added to Bill)
L 7:10 to L.C. 7.7   - S019 (Added to Bill)
L 7:10 to L.C. 7.6   - S019 (Added to Bill)

Bless Y'All from the South Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies