TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:53:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 93618 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« on: October 01, 2017, 04:27:40 PM »

So, now we're gonna have celebrities running for positions everywhere and Republicans electing them? FFS
Ugh, I hope it doesn't come down to that (in either party, I can see this happening on the D side too).

FTR, I voted for Trump the businessman, not Trump the celebrity.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 04:37:33 PM »

FTR, I voted for Trump the businessman, not Trump the celebrity.

That's sad. For what it's worth, he was a better celebrity than businessman.
I really do have a negative view of Hollywood/TV stars/singers, etc. as people for the most part, and I think they're even more "swampy" and out of touch than career DC officials. Just because I like their movies, music, or whatever doesn't mean I want them controlling public policy. Honestly, the really weird and disgusting things many of them do in their personal lives is much worse than corruption IMO. Not talking about Peyton Manning in particular, he was a great player and seems like a nice person, but look at the things many other athletes (and singers, and actors) do (like drugs, adultery, theft, etc.).
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 10:28:30 PM »

So if Bob Corker retires, does that mean, according to the rankings in the following Senate Committees, that Jim Risch would replace Corker as Chair of the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, that Marco Rubio would replace Jim Risch as Chair of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, etc. ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_Committee_on_Small_Business_and_Entrepreneurship

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_Committee_on_Foreign_Relations
Correct, that's how the order of Republican leadership is expected to move (whether they'll be chairmen depends on Senate control, but Republicans are certainly favored to hold the Senate due to the map).
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 11:30:26 PM »

Matt Kisber or Mike McWherter would be good Democratic nominees.

Last time he was the Democratic nominee, Mike McWherter got 33% to Haslam's 65%.

He was running against Bill Haslam without any funding from the DNC. If he’d moderate his views on SSM and abortion(arguing for, say, even a 16-20 week ban), I could see him winning against Blackburn.

Honestly, Mackler is the only candidate I see with a legitimate chance against Batty Blackburn. He's young, he's a veteran, and he's an outsider, and he seems to be running a pretty populist campaign. His focus on education can only help him, too, given Tennessee's new free college program.
Some are making comparisons to Kander, which I can totally see and understand. TBH, he's the one who scares me the most.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies