Maine redistricting, 2020s (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:11:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Maine redistricting, 2020s (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maine redistricting, 2020s  (Read 5816 times)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« on: December 31, 2019, 11:03:00 AM »

There's also the possibility that Trump expands his margin in ME02 in 2020. I personally think it's unlikely because the Acadian Francophones are a fickle bunch, and they won't give him as large of a majority this time. However, if he does improve, we could just end up with a triage rather than an attempt to make ME-02 more competitive
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 06:10:33 PM »

What?  Does population loss force it to expand into more Dem leaning areas no matter what?

Yes. rural pop loss means taking parts of ME-01, and conforming to the whole-county ideal requires taking in some blue turf.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 10:12:25 PM »

Consensus U.S. House plan out now.

Augusta would move to the 2nd District under bipartisan redistricting deal

The only plan where the two parties have yet to reach agreement is  the State Senate plan (the parties are apparently still far apart there).
I'm fine with this map. RIP Jared Golden though.

ME-02 moves a point left from Biden/Trump. Not sure how that dooms Golden.

I guess because the necessity of compromise meant Dem's couldn't draw a Biden won seat. But that was never in the cards, same with NE-02 and that state's legislative filibuster. The proporsal at Trump+6.1 margin is 1.4 less than present, though barring a gerrymander that was always going to go down cause of pop growth in CD1. The R proposal was T+6.7 and the Dem T+5.7.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies