Discussion on Moderation of the AFE Boards
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:09:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Discussion on Moderation of the AFE Boards
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Discussion on Moderation of the AFE Boards  (Read 465 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2023, 01:38:01 AM »
« edited: May 22, 2023, 11:10:54 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I respect you Yankee, but ain't nobody got time for this nonsense. The south will rise again was the motto and we fulfilled it.

Anyone that does not want to be a part of this new union will be forcibly removed, including you buddy
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 01:45:44 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:13:42 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I respect you Yankee, but ain't nobody got time for this nonsense. The south will rise again was the motto and we fulfilled it.

Anyone that does not want to be a part of this new union will be forcibly removed, including you buddy

You do realize you are talking to the guy with the magic delete icon on all yall's posts right?

But luckily for you, I am doing the opposite, for now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 03:35:20 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:13:55 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Overrated respect, considering the flagrant abuses of position (that I will happily share in a few weeks once my life is a little bit relaxed), it’s ok brand for him to be for nonsensical.

This is literally all many people have. Many such cases!

In all seriousness, he’d delete every damn one of these posts we posted just now if it meant a serious compromise to the game, my guess this is either gonna happen now (establishment cabal against fun ideas) or a war against good ideas.

Either way, someone’s taking this place too seriously and it ain’t you or I.

If you mean the fact that I have locked various posts to avoid a Sirnick/Averroes Nix/Blairite situation of mass deletion there is no need to be cryptic. Yes, I have been locking posts, but at the same this means I cannot delete them either.

Twelve years ago, MasterJedi and Gustaf would have been deleting your posts on sight and there many mods today would have likely taken the same approach by now, or certainly taken a much firmer hand than I have to this point.

So just remember that before you go ranting and raving about "Moderator Fascism".
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 03:50:49 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:14:04 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

If you want to talk about flagrant abuses by mods/admins, lets talk about your arbitrary abuses of power on discord

The fact that your ban or "restrict" users because you are mad, or drunk or hate losing in a game. But do go on about that whole "It's just a game/why so serious/touch grass" routine. I have heard it all before and from people much better at it than you.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 08:38:02 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:14:17 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Overrated respect, considering the flagrant abuses of position (that I will happily share in a few weeks once my life is a little bit relaxed), it’s ok brand for him to be for nonsensical.

This is literally all many people have. Many such cases!

In all seriousness, he’d delete every damn one of these posts we posted just now if it meant a serious compromise to the game, my guess this is either gonna happen now (establishment cabal against fun ideas) or a war against good ideas.

Either way, someone’s taking this place too seriously and it ain’t you or I.
“Aww, c’mon guys, what happened to having fun? We just wanted to grief and troll everyone else playing the game! And besides, we only called you retards, autists, and furries due to our own pathetic inadequacy and deep insecurities! It was just a joke guys!”
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2023, 09:57:11 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:14:29 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

If you want to talk about flagrant abuses by mods/admins, lets talk about your arbitrary abuses of power on discord

The fact that your ban or "restrict" users because you are mad, or drunk or hate losing in a game. But do go on about that whole "It's just a game/why so serious/touch grass" routine. I have heard it all before and from people much better at it than you.

The discord you’re still pissed oft about doesn’t have rules that prohibit that, to be clear.

I don’t need to tell you to touch grass either, you already know you should lol
You would rather "make rules" against people who annoy you instead of the obvious white supremacists and similar other stuff.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2023, 10:33:04 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:14:36 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

The discord you’re still pissed oft about doesn’t have rules that prohibit that, to be clear.

You would rather "make rules" against people who annoy you instead of the obvious white supremacists and similar other stuff.

Leaking Posts from Ccord is basically the ccord equivalent to making socks on here . People who make socks here get banned much faster than pretty much any other type of poster and the same is true about leaking from Ccord .

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2023, 10:45:42 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:14:42 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Leaking Posts from Ccord is basically the ccord equivalent to making socks on here . People who make socks here get banned much faster than pretty much any other type of poster and the same is true about leaking from Ccord .

Sock makers typically do not get banned on the first offense. Their sock is and then they get Warned status.

Second offense and beyond is typically when the bans happen.

In cases where it is lost password etc, Virginia typically just merges the accounts.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2023, 10:46:45 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:14:49 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Do you even understand the reasoning behind the no sock rule on the forum?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2023, 11:48:56 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:15:00 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

You do realize you are talking to the guy with the magic delete icon on all yall's posts right?

Deleting our posts will only make you look bad. It's one thing to disagree. It's another thing to abuse powers like this.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2023, 06:13:04 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:15:14 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Deleting our posts will only make you look bad. It's one thing to disagree. It's another thing to abuse powers like this.

>Threatens to forcibly remove the mod.
>Cries mod fascism when mod points out the obvious.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2023, 09:48:39 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:15:21 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Forcibly remove atlasian loyalists that want to conspire against the south*. It is not the same
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2023, 10:20:15 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:15:28 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

*Enters*

Well this is a thread is a mess

*Walks out*
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2023, 10:38:08 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:15:38 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Okay? Yankee is not in elected office/doesn't care about "looking bad." Yankee will have plenty of backup if this problem escalates to YE getting the final word.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2023, 11:06:34 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2023, 11:15:45 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Forcibly remove atlasian loyalists that want to conspire against the south*. It is not the same

If you guys are a separate game like you claim, then the South in your game and the South in our game is no longer the same, thanks to the combination of your actions, our Supreme Court ruling and the constitutional amendment passing.

If you are a "separate game" then as guests on my boards, I have the right to regulate how it interacts with Atlasia. And eventually my patience with the "have your cake and eat it too" mindset you guys have, is going to end.

Harassing those who wish to play the "Atlasian game" within its Southern region, is certainly well within my rights to moderate.

You don't have to use my board.
You don't have to use our voter registration system
You don't have to leave a substantial number of offices in the atlasia game locked out
You don't have to harass our GMs or complain about what they do.  

You choose to do all these things, even if contradictory.

But if you are going to stay on my boards, by necessity or by choice, you are going to follow my rules and you are going to respect the game of these boards. If Atlasia chooses to entertain your presence in some form within its canon, then interaction within those parameters will be allowed assuming it doesn't constitute some other violation.

Is that clear?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2023, 11:14:10 PM »

You know, Deadprez, there are plenty of other places on the internet where you can roleplay as a Neo Confederate. Why not find a Hearts of Iron 4 multiplayer server and blast Dixie to your heart’s content? You might even meet some friendly Wehraboos there.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2023, 11:54:53 PM »

You know, Deadprez, there are plenty of other places on the internet where you can roleplay as a Neo Confederate. Why not find a Hearts of Iron 4 multiplayer server and blast Dixie to your heart’s content? You might even meet some friendly Wehraboos there.

The case for abolishing college: Secession is only a confederate thing - Atlasian college students
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2023, 11:59:34 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2023, 12:03:01 AM by General of The South »

If you guys are a separate game like you claim, then the South in your game and the South in our game is no longer the same, thanks to the combination of your actions, our Supreme Court ruling and the constitutional amendment passing.

If you are a "separate game" then as guests on my boards, I have the right to regulate how it interacts with Atlasia. And eventually my patience with the "have your cake and eat it too" mindset you guys have, is going to end.

Harassing those who wish to play the "Atlasian game" within its Southern region, is certainly well within my rights to moderate.

You don't have to use my board.
You don't have to use our voter registration system
You don't have to leave a substantial number of offices in the atlasia game locked out
You don't have to harass our GMs or complain about what they do. 

You choose to do all these things, even if contradictory.

But if you are going to stay on my boards, by necessity or by choice, you are going to follow my rules and you are going to respect the game of these boards. If Atlasia chooses to entertain your presence in some form within its canon, then interaction within those parameters will be allowed assuming it doesn't constitute some other violation.

Is that clear?

Did you create this website and did you create this fake game? Did you homestead property on the internet? Do you have ownership of this game? Are you investing money in this? Under what grounds can you even use the phrase "my" in any form here? This isn't your private property.

Who am I harassing?  What mods am I harassing? I am calling out a regime of another nation and you guys are acting like this isn't within my right. It is. We are playing a game. You guys broke the rules because you lost. We checkmated the regime, decided to freely leave, and want to peacefully have our own country. Unless you are going to admit you guys don't care about the rules of this game, there is nothing left to say. You guys want a civil war and it's starting to show.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2023, 12:24:37 AM »

The case for abolishing college: Secession is only a confederate thing - Atlasian college students
Uh huh. You and your friends chose to represent the South. You and your friends used confederate imagery to announce your secession from the Union. Why not embrace it?

Frankly, it doesn’t matter much either way. You guys decided to unilaterally cut yourself off from an imaginary election game. That’s fine. But for god’s sake, please stop whining about it. You’re not going to get the recognition you need from us.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2023, 01:24:59 AM »

1) Leaving an imaginary game
2) Imaginary game cuts off your acknowledgement via amendment
3) Huh
4) PROFIT
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2023, 04:24:15 PM »

Uh huh. You and your friends chose to represent the South. You and your friends used confederate imagery to announce your secession from the Union. Why not embrace it?

Frankly, it doesn’t matter much either way. You guys decided to unilaterally cut yourself off from an imaginary election game. That’s fine. But for god’s sake, please stop whining about it. You’re not going to get the recognition you need from us.

Embrace what? I've defended the confederacy multiple times. I'm not ignoring that. The point is when you have little understanding of political theory, it makes sense you would only think secession is linked to confederacy. You would make the same claim if we picked different imagery.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2023, 05:59:44 PM »

Embrace what? I've defended the confederacy multiple times. I'm not ignoring that. The point is when you have little understanding of political theory, it makes sense you would only think secession is linked to confederacy. You would make the same claim if we picked different imagery.
Oh I wasn’t making a statement on secession as a concept, I was mocking you for supporting a failed slave state.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2023, 01:33:57 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies