The Two "Far-Rights" (and why they oppose each other) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:25:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The Two "Far-Rights" (and why they oppose each other) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Two "Far-Rights" (and why they oppose each other)  (Read 5953 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 06, 2017, 09:23:02 PM »

They call each other "low energy" and "Hitler" during the primaries...but come August and especially by February, Pepe the Frog and Stan Smith are in the same boat.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 07:19:59 AM »

I think the differences between the two are vastly overstated. When push comes to shove, they'll always band together to screw over regular Americans.

I am beginning to think that the war between the Alt-Right and Neocons was at least put on ceasefire with Trump's raid unless it turns out that it was just Trump trying to do PUA stuff on the public.

There was always confusion about how much of each group is not in "the base", or voters that are both anti-abortion, anti-dictator, anti-tax Neocons and anti-immigrant, anti-trade and, anti-Muslim Alt-Rights. It appears that 90% of those who vote Republican are at least 5 of things and 75-80% of the 46% who voted for Trump are all of those things. Thats 34-42% of the electorate and I would say 45-47% will never vote D.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 07:28:20 PM »

I think the differences between the two are vastly overstated. When push comes to shove, they'll always band together to screw over regular Americans.

Yeah, this. The Christofascist and Strasserite wings of the GOP are firmly united when it all comes down to it.
Strasserites were basically Stalinists whom Hitler eventually killed off.

Well, there are Dominionists, Strasserites, and then actual Fascists. The thing is that they overlap 80-90% of the time and that to get elected a pure Fascist like Trump, a pure Strasserite like Giuliani or even Mc Cain or even a dominionist like Cruz, Palin or even W will have to take on the other two hats and especially to get reelected, they have to deal with things like 9/11 and Russia's shenanigans in Syria.

Maybe a primary motivation can be discerned by nitpicked, but not actual policy.

You can probably also say this by about Democrats. Many people voted for Obama in 2008 thinking that he was more of a pure Liberal than a Social Democrat and yet because of the Foreclosures and the run on the banks, Obamacare, Progressive Taxation, and the Stimulus became bigger issues than Iraq, the Gays, The SCOTUS, or Civil Rights though these issues would only become important when he was a lame duck and people looked for the Right for leadership by then.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 07:38:48 PM »

Yeah, this. The Christofascist and Strasserite wings of the GOP are firmly united when it all comes down to it.

Well, there are Dominionists, Strasserites, and then actual Fascists. The thing is that they overlap 80-90% of the time and that to get elected a pure Fascist like Trump, a pure Strasserite like Giuliani or even Mc Cain or even a dominionist like Cruz, Palin or even W will have to take on the other two hats and especially to get reelected, they have to deal with things like 9/11 and Russia's shenanigans in Syria.

Maybe a primary motivation can be discerned by nitpicked, but not actual policy.

You can probably also say this by about Democrats. Many people voted for Obama in 2008 thinking that he was more of a pure Liberal than a Social Democrat and yet because of the Foreclosures and the run on the banks, Obamacare, Progressive Taxation, and the Stimulus became bigger issues than Iraq, the Gays, The SCOTUS, or Civil Rights though these issues would only become important when he was a lame duck and people looked for the Right for leadership by then.

... You actually believe McCain and Giuliani are Strasserites?

Are you talking Leo Straus?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 08:15:40 AM »

Ann Coulter, Steve Bannon, and Breitbart are all "explicitly racist," they just don't admit it. The bar for being racist isn't whether you self-identify as racist.
It's racist to "out" a racist before they are ready to come out as a racist.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 06:26:21 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2017, 06:29:11 PM by Special Boy »

... You actually believe McCain and Giuliani are Strasserites?

Are you talking Leo Straus?

If you don't know who Gregor and Otto Strasser are, you don't understand Strasserism. If you believe Trump is a fascist, you are an unbearable, obnoxious fool. If you believe Ted Cruz is a Dominionist, you are a simplistic hack.
Definitely a Nationalist, though. Who would be considered a "fascist" anyways? If Cruz or even Michelle Bachmann isn't a dominionist, I don't want to meet who be...

I think you are throwing insults threw an Overton Window..which is a great way to move the needle...but not this way.

If anything, I thought we were referring to neoconservatism Strausism not anti-capitalist anti-semitism.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 07:26:37 AM »

Question, if this characterisation is true : which one would you guys say the rural populist America in the South and Midwest would prefer?
My guess based on "reasons"

Blue- The Racists
Red- The Theocrats

http://www.270towin.com/maps/Ag89m
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies