The Men who Changed the South
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:51:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Men who Changed the South
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Men who Changed the South  (Read 426 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2019, 10:38:21 PM »

Source : https://www.seekpng.com/ipng/u2w7e6e6e6o0q8y3_7-464-600-time-magazine-cover-0-0/

TIME

How These 20 Politicians changed the South, and American Politics, Forever

Issue : June 29th, 1995

"These Men, they should be considered heroes for what they did. They stood up to very evil people in the 40s, 50s, and 60s and they won. They changed a part of the country that was horrible into a great and prosperous region. If I was President, I would give each and every one of these men a medal for what they did." - Governor Donald J. Trump of New York (1987-Present), Independent, expressing his thoughts on these 20 extraordinary gentlemen.

"I don't like some of the ideas of these men, certainly, but I do agree that they really changed the South for the better. I'll be stupid to say not to." - Senator Pat Buchanan of West Virginia (1989-Present), Constitution, giving his own thoughts on these men.

"I call these men the Southern League of Twenty. The South was a truly horrible place before they appeared on the scene but ever since then, the south, and America itself has changed for the better forever." - Governor Bernie Sanders of Vermont (1989-Present), Democrat, speaking about how the League of Twenty Made America a better place.

"Before them, you couldn't see a single black man like myself walk down the street in the South without threat of a lynching. Now, thanks to their success, I can go to a neighborhood and greet my white neighbors without fear of being killed for being an African American" - U.S. Representative Clay Smothers from Texas' 30th Congressional District (1993-Present), Republican, on how these 20 Southern politicians changed the life of African-Americans in the South, more specifically himself, for the better.

These four opinions are just some of the many about the widely respected and adored Twenty Heroic Southern Politicians. Their story is a story about overcoming great adversity to change for the betterment of all America. Their story is one children are being taught about in schools. These 20 men would start out as Democrats before changing their political parties in the 50s, 60s, and 70s to Republican and many historians argue that they had been DINOs (Democrat In Name Only) for their entire time as a member of the Democratic Party in order to gain traction in the South.

These Men are Jim Lawrence of Alabama (Age : 84), Lester Stuart (Age : 72) and Charles Jackson (Age : 57) of Arkansas, Leland Baker (Age : 87) and Dennis Cleveland (Age : 66) of Florida, Edward Maxwell of Georgia (Age : 65), Isaac Carson of Kentucky (Age : 58), Ray Cannon of Louisiana (Age : 83), Ronald Myers of Mississippi (Age : 75), Samuel Davis of Missouri (Age : 61), Archie Robbins of North Carolina (Age : 59), Glen Cameron (Age : 97) and his Grandson Paul Cameron (Age : 55) of South Carolina, Hillard Lane (Age : 102) and Bob Conway (Age : 90) of Tennessee, Ray Hawkins (Age : 84) and Milton McFarland (Age : 100) of Texas, Neil Shepard (Age : 84) and Marshall Weber (Age : 73) of Virginia, Julian Bates (Age : 85) of West Virginia.

Join Time Magazine as we explore the amazing political careers of these amazing 20 Southerners who almost single handedly changed the course of American Political History.

New TL thingy that I actually have planned out.

Poll for the first person to get a backstory written out : https://forms.gle/CZ5HrwkqU1tfpipR8

For those curious, history won't really change until the very late 50s and early 60s, where things will start to be radically more different than OTL. The Backstory will just give introductions to these guys and tell people their background without giving really that much away.

Hope to collect votes soon. I'll delete the poll on August 23rd and I'll have a reminder to remind me to do it once I collect the data. Talk to you all later.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 04:44:58 PM »

Why is trump a politician here
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 04:47:13 PM »

He was always interested in politics in some way or another and he wants to help the people of New York in any way he can. He isn't a main focus on the TL and he shouldn't be. At least, not until we get into the modern day.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies