REPUBLICANS/Independent leaning Conservatives Only (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:48:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  REPUBLICANS/Independent leaning Conservatives Only (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who are you supporting
Trump

Carson

Rubio

Cruz

Bush

Paul

Kasich

Huckabee

Christie

Santorum

Jindal

Pataki

Fiorina

Gilmore

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: REPUBLICANS/Independent leaning Conservatives Only  (Read 1603 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 12, 2015, 02:56:44 AM »

Fair enough. However, when there are two candidates that I have essentially equal preference for (since Rand refuses to discuss anything that made his father remotely interesting), I dislike the implication that I am a weather vane for picking the one that actually has a plausible route to the nomination.

curious, you are a democrat...yet you support ted cruz??

I assume he mainly has a red avatar because of his opposition to neoconservative foreign policy and probably some other social issues, but I agree, a Ted Cruz-supporting Democrat seems a tad strange. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 04:16:10 AM »

Fair enough. However, when there are two candidates that I have essentially equal preference for (since Rand refuses to discuss anything that made his father remotely interesting), I dislike the implication that I am a weather vane for picking the one that actually has a plausible route to the nomination.

curious, you are a democrat...yet you support ted cruz??

I assume he mainly has a red avatar because of his opposition to neoconservative foreign policy and probably some other social issues, but I agree, a Ted Cruz-supporting Democrat seems a tad strange. 

Huh. interesting. I would think he'd support Paul, at the very least. Cruz is arguably the third most neoconservative candidate (after Rubio and Bush...not counting Graham as he has no chance)

Cruz could just be pandering though.  There is speculation that he is more libertarian than he gives off.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies