Mitt Romney: Getting called the "grandfather of Obamacare" is a "compliment" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:42:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney: Getting called the "grandfather of Obamacare" is a "compliment" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt Romney: Getting called the "grandfather of Obamacare" is a "compliment"  (Read 6837 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 20, 2012, 12:39:27 AM »

Romney believes in state diversity, not Obama's federal conformity.

Which of course is why Romney supports the granting of waivers to some of the technical requirements of the TANF program that have been requested by both Republican and Democratic governors.  He'd never stoop to calling it a gutting of the work requirement, would he?

Sigh.

The sad truth is that like most politicians of both parties, Romney is in favor of federalism only when it suits his other political interests.  He is no true federalist with a honest belief in there being some things best left to the States and others to the Nation.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 01:13:29 AM »

You know that Republicans have hit hard times when Ernest is coming off as a Dem hack these days.

And I'm not happy about it.  I never did care for Romney, but I hoped I'd be able to support him after he won the nomination because our country needs a period of undivided government so it could get things done and I thought the only chance of that this election cycle was with the Republicans.  But try as I might, I could not come to support the bot.  And at this point, it's likelier we'll end up with a Democratic House, Senate, and White House than having the Republicans in charge of all three.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 12:27:31 AM »

Again, Romney believes in the states controlling Washington, not the other way around.

Which is why Romney supports letting the states control how TANF funds are spent without any mandates from Washington, right?  After all, if that truly is what he believes, then he would think that Obama granting those waivers requested by governors of both parties was a good thing.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 08:30:55 AM »

So, Politico believes Joe Manchin can run as a liberal democrat in 2016 and he'd not be a flip-flopper. WV is a conservative state, so you have to be a conservative Governor. Buuut you can have a liberal plan for the entire USA at the same time. I'm sure democrats would love that.

I'm sure there are many people who support death penalty in conservative states and are against it in liberal ones. Obama should make same-sex marriage legal only in blue states. That's the solution. 2 Americas. Or 3. Or 4.

50 actually.  True federalism calls for 50 Americas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies