Fun scenario: Biden picks a VP that we have heard literally nothing about. Who is it? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:10:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Fun scenario: Biden picks a VP that we have heard literally nothing about. Who is it? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fun scenario: Biden picks a VP that we have heard literally nothing about. Who is it?  (Read 1701 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« on: July 10, 2020, 08:50:42 AM »
« edited: July 10, 2020, 09:16:40 AM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

The longlist of candidates who've received some media speculation but no official confirmation of vetting (not counting people only speculated as potential VPs for other candidates) appears to be:

Stacey Abrams
Muriel Bowser
Cheri Bustos
Hillary Clinton
Veronica Escobar
Marcia Fudge
Tulsi Gabbard
Sylvia Garcia
Kirsten Gillibrand
Laura Kelly
Barbara Lee
Lucy McBath
Janet Napolitano
Michelle Obama
Nancy Pelosi
Katie Porter
Ayanna Pressley
Condoleeza Rice
Lucile Roybale-Allard
Kim Schrier
Teri Sewell
Donna Shalala
Kyrsten Sinema
Hilda Solis
Debbie Stabenow
Maxine Waters
Karen Weaver
Sally Yates

I'd be surprised if this list + the shortlist doesn't cover the eventual VP pick, but would not be utterly shocked if any one of the above (except HRC, M. Obama or Pelosi) was the VP-nominee. My personal favourite of both the shortlists and longlists is Hilda Solis and I think she's the most likely of the dark horse picks after Pressley and Abrams (in that order).
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 11:38:36 AM »

I don't think any sitting senator counts as someone we's "literally heard nothing about," but there's always Tammy Baldwin. I see her as kind of an Elizabeth Warren Lite. All the progressiveness, half the cringe.

Baldwin's vetting has been confirmed. She's in the top 12 at the very least.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 06:45:05 PM »

Pressley would be the most obvious non obvious (if that makes sense) candidate. I’m surprised London Breed wasn’t at least longlisted. I guess I could see her being chosen because she ticks a lot of the same boxes people like KLB and Demmings do who are being considered.

Bloomberg endorsement. Neither KLB nor Demings made that move.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies