What's got everyone so down? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:07:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What's got everyone so down? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's got everyone so down?  (Read 4831 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 22, 2010, 04:36:13 PM »

What's got everyone so down?

What was supposed to be the coronation of the new progressive era is now proving to be the opposite. Obama couldn't get anything done in his first year, and anything remotely ambitious in scale will be destroyed. With huge republican gains likely in 2010, there is little chance at any of the big ticket items Democrats have wanted since the 1940s. Now, Obama will either turn into Clinton or Carter, depending on the next few years. Any talk of him being the reincarnation of FDR has been forestalled.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 05:30:42 PM »

In addition, if Obama fails, we will see the slow, painful death of his wing. Standard bog liberalism will be discarded even further, with huge sways to the post-Obama center. People like Evan Bayh and Ben Nelson would comprise the majority of the party, as the Blue Dogs would take over. People like Ted Kennedy would no longer be mainstream members of the Democrats, they would be regarded as members of the "extreme" left.

Furthermore, what we would see is amazing. We would see, much like the liberal Republicans of the '50s and '60s who greatly respected FDR, Democrats start to praise Ronald Reagan in such fashion. I can't believe, that one year later, such events now seem possible. Amazing.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 05:35:57 PM »

I'm actually pretty up. This day was pretty good, and I have some exciting plans this weekend. How was everybody else's day?

Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »

What's got everyone so down?

What was supposed to be the coronation of the new progressive era is now proving to be the opposite. Obama couldn't get anything done in his first year, and anything remotely ambitious in scale will be destroyed. With huge republican gains likely in 2010, there is little chance at any of the big ticket items Democrats have wanted since the 1940s. Now, Obama will either turn into Clinton or Carter, depending on the next few years. Any talk of him being the reincarnation of FDR has been forestalled.

This.  We're down because...once again...the poor, the needy, the hungry and the homeless are pretty much ed.  I am sure that makes YOU happy, Richie...so congrats.  But the rest of us consider it a bad thing. 

I am not rich.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies