The Great Republican Revolt (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:13:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Great Republican Revolt (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Great Republican Revolt  (Read 1879 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: December 25, 2015, 11:02:50 PM »
« edited: December 25, 2015, 11:06:38 PM by ElectionsGuy »

No joke I actually read the whole thing two days ago and was fascinated. I contemplated about sharing it here. It explains in such a good way the development of Republican voters, and how they are increasingly becoming the party of working class whites with lower educational attainments. More importantly though, that a huge portion of Republican base supporters are not what we thought they were. A majority of the Republican Party base is now more united by nationalism, nativism, and (I don't want to say straight up authoritarianism, but...) "we need a leader" rhetoric, rather than free market economic principles and constitutionalism that the tea party pretended to represent. While I don't think the portion of the Republican party that thinks this way is a dominant majority (which I will for now on call the 'Trump' wing), I think it is a majority and it will keep having its influence in elections to come. And we will continue seeing the giant disconnect between the base of the party and the party elites until they (the elites) wake up and smell the anger.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies