Corzine for President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:26:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Corzine for President?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Corzine for President?  (Read 1231 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 11, 2006, 11:07:12 PM »

I read in a Washington Post article about a year ago that Governor Jon Corzine of New Jersey was thinking about launching a Presidental run. 
Conan
conan

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 11:09:50 PM »

I read in a Washington Post article about a year ago that Governor Jon Corzine of New Jersey was thinking about launching a Presidental run. 
He'd certainly be a credible candidate but he needs more charisma.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 11:13:07 PM »

What exactly would he bring to the table?
Credible candidate? He needed to spend record amounts of money to squeak by in a very Democratic state. I don't see how he'd win Ohio, Florida, or any other battleground state.
Conan
conan

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 11:16:21 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2006, 11:18:32 PM by conan »

What exactly would he bring to the table?
Credible candidate? He needed to spend record amounts of money to squeak by in a very Democratic state. I don't see how he'd win Ohio, Florida, or any other battleground state.
So did Bloomberg but they had it in the bag each time. In 2000, no one knew who he was. He had to spend 35 million in the primary first. Theres nothing wrong with rich men who have the money to spend to waste it on being elected.

He could have spent as much as forrester did in 2005 and won but he didnt. Also, he doesnt wait for anything. He started advertising his run in late 2004.
Conan
conan

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 11:21:17 PM »

He needs to shave his beard, have himself photographed reading the Bible late at night, and donate his fortune to local orphans.  Maybe stop wearing that smirk that makes you feel like he knows he's going to screw New Jersey, and knows that you can't do anything to stop it because he's corrupt and New Jerseyites are too stupid to vote for non-corrupt politicians and the Republicans have no one on their bench and he will be reelected in a landslide in 2009.
First, it's New Jerseyans. Also, no one has ever credibally called Corzine corrupt. You can call Menendez corrupt have have small hunches to believe so but Corzine is clean. He has no reason to be corrupt. Also, this is NJ not NC where people are stupid, dont mix the two.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 11:32:36 PM »

First of all, Corzine is indeed corrupt.  Let me explain:

1. He is from New Jersey
2. He is a politician
3. He has a beard

And I misspoke when I said that New Jerseyans are stupid.  It's just that they are so sincerely deceived that they might as well be.  Like a cow, for instance.  See how peacefully they graze in the fields!  Little do they know that they will be slaughtered and end up as a delicious burger from
McDonald's.  It is like that with New Jerseyans.

If you are a corrupt Democratic politican in New Jersey you could literaly commit rape a women on the steps of the State Capitol, take bribes from shady charaters like Tony Soprano, cheat on your wife in favor of a Thai hooker, do cocaine and sell drugs to five year olds,and still get elected in landslide.
Conan
conan

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 11:42:05 PM »

1. He is from New Jersey
2. He is a politician
3. He has a beard

And I misspoke when I said that New Jerseyans are stupid.  It's just that they are so sincerely deceived that they might as well be.  Like a cow, for instance.  See how peacefully they graze in the fields!  Little do they know that they will be slaughtered and end up as a delicious burger from McDonald's.  It is like that with New Jerseyans.
It's not that everyone in NJ was deceived. It's that we really dont care if Menendez is corrupt because we are not going to send a republican. A secret poll that I read the Menendez campaign conducted in the Star Ledger said that 54% of New Jerseyans would rather take an ethically challenged democrat over a republican, 31%. While I'm not going to dig into NC state politics on the local level to find local corrupt politicians, NJ has only had 1, Torricelli whom was never charged with wrongdoing and is a free man. So is McGreevey. None of them have been charged even after leaving office so that implies politics. Corzine is not corrupt. He headed Goldman Sachs, made $500,000,000, runs a charity, and is a very giving person. No one has ever credibally called him corrupt.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 11:45:24 PM »

1. He is from New Jersey
2. He is a politician
3. He has a beard

And I misspoke when I said that New Jerseyans are stupid.  It's just that they are so sincerely deceived that they might as well be.  Like a cow, for instance.  See how peacefully they graze in the fields!  Little do they know that they will be slaughtered and end up as a delicious burger from McDonald's.  It is like that with New Jerseyans.
It's not that everyone in NJ was deceived. It's that we really dont care if Menendez is corrupt because we are not going to send a republican. A secret poll that I read the Menendez campaign conducted in the Star Ledger said that 54% of New Jerseyans would rather take an ethically challenged democrat over a republican, 31%. While I'm not going to dig into NC state politics on the local level to find local corrupt politicians, NJ has only had 1, Torricelli whom was never charged with wrongdoing and is a free man. So is McGreevey. None of them have been charged even after leaving office so that implies politics. Corzine is not corrupt. He headed Goldman Sachs, made $500,000,000, runs a charity, and is a very giving person. No one has ever credibally called him corrupt.

You really are deluded.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 11:56:57 PM »

Haha!  Wow, it's people like you all over this country that keep getting us screwed over.  The only reason there isn't a "Federal Republican Prison of the United States" is because the Republicans own the country.  They control everything, including who gets canned for corruption.  Bush and DeLay were so blatantly obvious that any idiot could tell they were corrupt.  Bush is just as bad as DeLay, if not worse, he's just learned to buy more secrecy.  Oh, and don't forget he managed to not get busted for inside trading because his daddy was President.

OK, that was too easy.
Conan
conan

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 11:59:46 PM »

1. He is from New Jersey
2. He is a politician
3. He has a beard

And I misspoke when I said that New Jerseyans are stupid.  It's just that they are so sincerely deceived that they might as well be.  Like a cow, for instance.  See how peacefully they graze in the fields!  Little do they know that they will be slaughtered and end up as a delicious burger from
McDonald's.  It is like that with New Jerseyans.

If you are a corrupt Democratic politican in New Jersey you could literaly commit rape a women on the steps of the State Capitol, take bribes from shady charaters like Tony Soprano, cheat on your wife in favor of a Thai hooker, do cocaine and sell drugs to five year olds,and still get elected in landslide.
Corrupt Dem Politicians in NJ:
Sen. Bryant - held a fake job.
Sen. James- spends Newarks money like it was his own.
Corrupt Republicans:
Sen. Bark - held a job and directed state money towards that company with another position.
DiFrancesco-appears here:http://www.getnj.com/dondi/index.shtml
more corruption:http://www.nj.com/corruption/stories/index.ssf?/corruption/stories/rogues_gallery.html

These people were taken down. You dont get away with corruption here. (except for Sharpe James for now) But no one known to be corrupt has ever been reelected to a statewide office.
Conan
conan

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 12:04:02 AM »

1. He is from New Jersey
2. He is a politician
3. He has a beard

Haha!  Wow, it's people like you all over this state that keep getting us screwed over.  The only reason there isn't a "State Democratic Prison of New Jersey" is because the Democrats own the state.  They control everything, including who gets canned for corruption.  Toricelli and McGreevey were so blatantly obvious that any idiot could tell they were corrupt.  Corzine is just as bad as Toricelli, if not worse, he's just learned to buy more secrecy.  Oh, and don't forget he managed to get fired from the top position of Goldman Sachs.
First of all, Corzine and Torricelli would be taken down by the feds, who do most of the corruption charges. The Republican party in NJ is also equally corrupt and everyone knows it. Especially when they were in power up until 2003. Corzine wasnt fired, he was forced out because of disagreements over taking Goldman Sachs public. He's revered around the globe for being CEO of goldman as I saw when he went on a trade mission to Asia. Again, saying Corzine is corrupt just damages your credibility.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 12:06:19 AM »
« Edited: November 12, 2006, 12:08:27 AM by Senator Everett »

Haha!  Wow, it's people like you all over this country that keep getting us screwed over.  The only reason there isn't a "Federal Republican Prison of the United States" is because the Republicans own the country.  They control everything, including who gets canned for corruption.  Bush and DeLay were so blatantly obvious that any idiot could tell they were corrupt.  Bush is just as bad as DeLay, if not worse, he's just learned to buy more secrecy.  Oh, and don't forget he managed to not get busted for inside trading because his daddy was President.
OK, that was too easy.

What would be funnier is if that was true, but that takes advanced knowledge of anything outside Daily-Kos talking points.
Of course because there are no corrupt Republicans!!!11

Haha!  Wow, it's people like you all over this state that keep getting us screwed over.  The only reason there isn't a "State Democratic Prison of New Jersey" is because the Democrats own the state.  They control everything, including who gets canned for corruption.  Toricelli and McGreevey were so blatantly obvious that any idiot could tell they were corrupt.  Corzine is just as bad as Toricelli, if not worse, he's just learned to buy more secrecy.  Oh, and don't forget he managed to get fired from the top position of Goldman Sachs.
What would be funnier is if that was true, but that takes advanced knowledge of anything outside FreeRepublic talking points.
Conan
conan

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 12:06:46 AM »

OK, that was too easy.

What would be funnier is if that was true, but that takes advanced knowledge of anything outside Daily-Kos talking points.
Those arent dailykos talking points. That was discussed way before dailykos even existed.
Conan
conan

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 12:09:55 AM »

Corrupt Dem Politicians in NJ:
Sen. Bryant - held a fake job.
Sen. James- spends Newarks money like it was his own.
Corrupt Republicans:
Sen. Bark - held a job and directed state money towards that company with another position.
DiFrancesco-appears here:http://www.getnj.com/dondi/index.shtml
more corruption:http://www.nj.com/corruption/stories/index.ssf?/corruption/stories/rogues_gallery.html

These people were taken down. You dont get away with corruption here. (except for Sharpe James for now) But no one known to be corrupt has ever been reelected to a statewide office.

Those, of course, are the corrupt Democrats caught by corrupt Democrats.  If you seriously think people don't get away with corruption in NJ, you need help and there's really no point in anyone debating you on the matter.  If you cannot accept that NJ Democrats are the most corrupt in the country, then you really have no hope but to be the typical misinformed, misfortunate voting NJ resident with the wool pulled so far over their head, they even dream of sheep.
I have already acknowledged the corruption problems of this state and my party in NJ. Something has to be done and will be done in the coming year as elections are coming around. NJ republicans are also corrupt but NJ isnt the most corrupt state, no one just gets caught in other states.
Conan
conan

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2006, 12:22:01 AM »

I have already acknowledged the corruption problems of this state and my party in NJ. Something has to be done and will be done in the coming year as elections are coming around. NJ republicans are also corrupt but NJ isnt the most corrupt state, no one just gets caught in other states.

See, you are mistakenly equating a high number of caught corrupt officials with a good eye for corruption.  All it really means is that our state's more corrupt than the others.  The only reason we catch more corrupt officials here is because there are more to be caught.
No its because we have better resources to find them and more public scrutiny to find them. While I can see your point, I really do think that corruption is found everywhere and NJ doesnt have a higher degree of it then anywhere else.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies