Rand Paul: I wouldn't try to ban abortion or overturn Roe v Wade (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:12:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rand Paul: I wouldn't try to ban abortion or overturn Roe v Wade (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rand Paul: I wouldn't try to ban abortion or overturn Roe v Wade  (Read 3850 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: April 27, 2014, 10:15:58 PM »

I hate abortion as any sane person should.  I hate Roe v. Wade.  However, I think Roe v. Wade is a necessary evil.  Without it, there would be many back-alley unsterilized abortions unnecessarily putting the life of the woman at risk.  Abortions would not be lower with or without Roe, it's just more sterile with Roe.  It reminds me of the Prohibition in the pre-WW2 era.  Drug use did not go down during Prohibition, it was just mostly hidden.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 10:24:33 PM »

This was "Mr. Right to Life Amendment," right?  What the hell has Rand been smoking lately?

I hate abortion as any sane person should.  I hate Roe v. Wade.  However, I think Roe v. Wade is a necessary evil.  Without it, there would be many back-alley unsterilized abortions unnecessarily putting the life of the woman at risk.  Abortions would not be lower with or without Roe, it's just more sterile with Roe.  It reminds me of the Prohibition in the pre-WW2 era.  Drug use did not go down during Prohibition, it was just mostly hidden.

When did you change your mind on that?

To be honest, jamespol helped me to that decision a few years ago.  We are no longer friends, but I liked his political leanings.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 09:09:40 AM »

Sometimes it is a matter of picking your battles.  The abortion battle is not a hill many Presidents want to die on, mainly because it will never end despite the best efforts of the President.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies